Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,389 Posts
I think Crazy Japanese is a bit much as I've seen similair in this country, theres one in Helston in Cornwall which is one we've used to wash ours after he rolled in Fox crap!

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think Crazy Japanese is a bit much as I've seen similair in this country, theres one in Helston in Cornwall which is one we've used to wash ours after he rolled in Fox crap!
Easy tiger... I wasn't having a dig at the Japanese - having spent a fair amount of time in Japan, I know that they love their gadgets and labour saving devices so I could see how this device would appeal.

As for actually putting a dog in one, to be honest I personally think it's a bit barbaric - the dog in the video looked totally petrified - and you certainly wouldn't find me putting either of mine in a contraption like that, fox crap or no fox crap.

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,522 Posts
Haha, either of my dogs would kill me. We use self serve dog washes, but I can't imagine using that. Very careful not to get water in their ears as that can easily cause ear infections (and great discomfort!), obviously this machine can't take that sort of care.

So for me? Absolutely NO WAY.

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,389 Posts
not having a dig gigsy, why everyone is saying "crazy ****" when the thing was invented in America is beyond me!? Perhaps its just another example of p!ss poor reporting on behalf of the BBC.

PETSPAUSA.COM

I've used one of these on both my dogs and I would say they found it less stressful (not that they've told me you understand) than being tied up or made to stand in the same place while you wash them. At least in here they can walk round. Sure it looks barbaric, and the dog in the video looks petrified, but both of mine, jump on in even though they've been in one before.

there is another video on the web somewhere of a man in one of these, if I find it i'll post it.

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fair do's, if they're prepared to jump in then they probably didn't mind it too much and I have to say the idea of a dog washing machine in the boot appeals to me - even if in practice I'm not so keen.

What did make me chuckle was that it had a cat setting... Reckon it would be a brave owner that put a cat in one as I can't imagine a cat would be too affectionate when it was let out! ;o)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts