Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
04' Forester STI
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just renewed the tax on the FSTI and last year this was £405 so I was suitably braced for a large bill. Imagine my delight when the lady in the post office said that it was only £245 for a year - the budget has worked out nicely for me this time!

Now... what to spend the £160 saving on...

·
Registered
2004 FSTI
172 Posts
just renewed the tax on the FSTI and last year this was £405 so I was suitably braced for a large bill. Imagine my delight when the lady in the post office said that it was only £245 for a year - the budget has worked out nicely for me this time!

Now... what to spend the £160 saving on...

Mine was registered in jan 2008, i'm hoping it's the same as you:biggrin:. can anybody put me out of my misery.....

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,546 Posts
How come it reduced?!

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
:mad: Dammit...........
It goes on when the car was first registered in the UK...rather than when it was manufactured/registered in Japan unfortunately. Typical thieving UK government twisting the rules to get more tax.
:mob:

·
Mr. November 2008
2015 BMW 335d xDrive GT Auto
969 Posts
Being registered before 23rd of March 2006 is the magic date where the old 'greater than 225' ones get the new band K.

Mine was 17th of May :icon_mad:

·
Registered
04' Forester STI
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How come it reduced?!
I'm really not sure why it reduced to be honest. My car fell into the 'registered at the wrong time' bracket - it was registered in 2007. 6 months ago I even emailed the DVLA about why this is the case.

However the facts are: last year was over £400... this year £245.

I left the post office as fast as my feet would carry me!

·
Registered
04 FSTi Manual
676 Posts
you do realise that an MP has just had to clean his own moat don't you?

I think you should go back to that post office and force them to take the £160 back before any others are affected.

·
Registered
55 fsti
125 Posts
The tax law changed recently. Was told by max at car planet when I put deposit down on my most recent one. Something to do with imported cars now registered as LPG. Good news!!

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,565 Posts
Mine is an 05 2 litre XT.

I thought £400 plus was the going rate?

I've looked at the Car Tax on line.

What will mine be then????

Cheers.

Kind regards

Alan MaC

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,798 Posts

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,565 Posts
As usual Don,

a fountain of information>>>>>:biggrin:

Cheers,

Not as bad as I thought.:huh::huh::huh:

However, 08 £190, 09 £205, 10 £215, 11 £254, so 08 + 8%, 09 + 5%, 10 +5%,
11 +14%. or + 29% in 3 years.

The roads are rubbish, potholes, greed cameras, etc.

And to think "The One Eyed Porridge Gobbler" could get in for another 5 years.

Frigging disgraceful:icon_eek::icon_eek:

Regards

AM

·
Registered
2004 FSTI
172 Posts
According to the DVLA website mine should be £245.00:woohoo: i'm in shock, if you go to the vehicle enquiry section and type in your reg it will tell your tax renewal price.

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
According to the DVLA website mine should be £245.00:woohoo: i'm in shock, if you go to the vehicle enquiry section and type in your reg it will tell your tax renewal price.
NO FLIPPIN WAY....

mine is too

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

http://www.taxdisc.direct.gov.uk/EvlPortalApp/application?origin=vehicleEnquiryInfo_en.jsp&event=bea.portal.framework.internal.portlet.event&pageid=Vehicle+Enquiry&portletid=VehicleEnquiry&portletns=VehicleEnquiry_en&wfevent=link.next

sssshhh shhhh...don't tell anyone...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts