Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to get 1.4 bar of boost at 2500rpm in 5th gear, this goes all the way to the redline too, what a great powerband :biggrin:
You just gotta love the TD04H on the fozza :biggrin:

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,896 Posts
AP - it does make you smile at times :biggrin:

Alan,

If it was as a standard TD04 then probably yes.
As its an AFP04H it has a more efficient compressor wheel and can produce more boost low down without getting near the surge line (where turbos become hot air blowers) although this has to tail off as the turbo revs go up.

When I looked into the hybrid I did a lot of research into boost levels and how it could be mapped to get that extra bit out of it over the TD04.

Depending upon the circumstances 1.25 is a safe level of boost. Powerstation map to 1.2/1.25bar as standard as at that boost level it will go on and on and on...........reliably.

Did see a recent post on Scabbynet of a VF34 mapped to 1.4bar, but as it was a WRX it can probably take it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Alan, mine is mapped at 1.35 bar but the super cold dense air gave it an extra kick that morning..
I am pretty sure you can map these up to 1.4-1.5 bar on an impreza engine quite safely..
This was on an electronic boost controller, my 3 port is playing up and for some reason the wastegate duty has decided to move itself to 1.6 bar :crazy:
As I have no fuel cut I have moved the boost pipes over to my HKS EVC5 so I can keep an eye on it.

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,896 Posts
Was this with your "economy" map or are you back to normal??

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,572 Posts
If 1.4 is on overboost (instantaneously) it's OK but if it keeps it I would be looking to lower it. Who mapped it?
Put up the graph on the sticky :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Was this with your "economy" map or are you back to normal??
I never had the economy map, I woke up :biggrin:

If 1.4 is on overboost (instantaneously) it's OK but if it keeps it I would be looking to lower it. Who mapped it?
Put up the graph on the sticky :)
Graph is on the sticky, has been for nearly a year, mapped by JGM..
1.4 was only for a few seconds..

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,896 Posts

·
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,896 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester S Turbo manual
1,670 Posts
I've fitted the down pipe and can feel a slight gain from it ;)
up pipe is next few weeks, the 3 port boost sol and map will have to wait till after the wedding,
I'm staying possitive that all shall come together after that

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,995 Posts
I managed to get 1.4 bar of boost at 2500rpm in 5th gear, this goes all the way to the redline too, what a great powerband :biggrin:
You just gotta love the TD04H on the fozza :biggrin:
Didn't you get a CEL? You're in overboost fuel cut territory with 1.4 that low in the rev range.

Been there :icon_frown: Now I change down.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Didn't you get a CEL? You're in overboost fuel cut territory with 1.4 that low in the rev range.

Been there :icon_frown: Now I change down.
Fuel cut disabled old stick, when being mapped I asked for it to be disabled so in the event of me overtaking and suddenly hit fuel cut and being stranded on the wrong side of the road... I would rather risk my engine than my life, my EBC beeps when I exceed 1.4 bar and pulls boost down a bit..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts