Registered
09 forester A/T
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
That was posted around here once already, but still a great vid.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
2,986 Posts
Same experience here with the big storm we had back in december. like 16-18" and a snow berm (from street clearing) for almost 36", No problem.

·
Registered
2010 Forester Prem. 5 spd
83 Posts
Quite impressive. Makes me happy that I'll have a new Forester in my hands soon.

CapeAnn

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5x
9 Posts
YES!!

That video is no joke!! We just got pounded in Pittsburgh with almost 30 inches of snow and my 2010 Forester cut right through the snow like butter!! I am convinced that these are the best cars made! My wife and I went to Burlington, Vermont for the weekend, I swear everyone in the state owns a Subi, it was a beautiful site to see!!

·
Registered
2002 S
71 Posts
Aww, I'm still kinda mad CT didn't get any snow at all. Hopefully on Wednesday some will be coming our way, as I haven't had a chance to test out the Forester in the snow yet.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That video is amazing and why most of my family and I own Subarus in VT. I don't deal with Burlington Subaru even though they are the closest Subaru dealership. I drive an hour to another Subaru dealership. This video seals the deal with never dealing with them again. I hope they don't do this all the time and it was just for the video. To me anyway they are just beating on brand new probably not broken in Subarus.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5x
9 Posts
That video is amazing and why most of my family and I own Subarus in VT. I don't deal with Burlington Subaru even though they are the closest Subaru dealership. I drive an hour to another Subaru dealership. This video seals the deal with never dealing with them again. I hope they don't do this all the time and it was just for the video. To me anyway they are just beating on brand new probably not broken in Subarus.
You have a beautiful state, my wife and I fell in love with Vermont and the people that live there. You guys have your sh*t together up there and should be very proud of Vermont.

·
Registered
310 Posts
A few years back we got a big snow storm, my brother and I shoveled the driveway and sidewalks, dug out his SUV, then we went to get started on digging out my Forester. We get to the car and I asked him "We can do this the right way or the fun way". We were way too tired from all the shoveling so we decided to do it the fun way. It was similar to those videos but with more snow. I look back on that memory with great Subaru fondness.

Gotta say though, I'm not that happy with the stock tires on the new Forester. They're fine most of the time, but then there's slippage (esp. side to side) in snow and ice that I didn't experience with my previous Forester. I'm actually looking forward to when the stock tires need to be replaced.

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
I see that car salesmen are just as annoying on the East Coast as they are here in Oregon. "Symmetrical AWD folks...it cuts like butter...all-season tires folks..." :puke:

Cool video nonetheless. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I see that car salesmen are just as annoying on the East Coast as they are here in Oregon. "Symmetrical AWD folks...it cuts like butter...all-season tires folks..." :puke:

Cool video nonetheless. :)
Salesmen seem to share a common trait - full of cheez. Sadly, most of them barely graduated junior college (or less) and consistently insult the intelligence of clientele with cheez-filled statement like the one above. Honestly, I knew more about the Forester and options than the salesmen did. One salesperson told me that puddle lights are not a recommended feature because they are prone to theft and breaking off.

CapeAnn

·
Registered
2010 Forester X 2.0
7 Posts
Hey guys,

I live in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. So, no snow in sight for my 2010 Subaru Forester. Ever. But I will post some pics as soon as I hit some side roads under torrential tropical rain with tons of mud!!!!

F.

·
Registered
2003 Forester
61 Posts
cool vid, but, if you watch the toyota, it was actually making it another few moments and it would have gone past the pile of snow.
probably would have gotten stuck soon after, but he stopped it once he saw it was going to make it.

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
486 Posts
Nice videos, but the sales guys sound like douche bags. +1 on the "not broken in" comment. Next car I'm buying is gonna be used for many reasons. I'd rather buy used knowing that the car might have been abused instead of buying new and expecting it in mint condition. F**ktards :chair: I hate dealerships anyways, just a bunch of money-hungry leaches.

·
Registered
2001 Forester S, auto
444 Posts
Salesmen seem to share a common trait - full of cheez. Sadly, most of them barely graduated junior college (or less) and consistently insult the intelligence of clientele with cheez-filled statement like the one above. Honestly, I knew more about the Forester and options than the salesmen did. One salesperson told me that puddle lights are not a recommended feature because they are prone to theft and breaking off.

CapeAnn
Oh come on now, we're not all like that. In fact, the reason I'm pretty darn successful for only selling cars for a little under two years is because I'm NOT like that, and the dealership I work at is not a bunch of "money-hungry leaches". The industry is slowly getting less cheesy and sleazy, so please try not to perpetuate that stereotype. That's like saying everyone on this forum is a bunch of tree-hugging granola-munching lesbians who kayak and own two golden retrievers.

Although, I do feel obligated to point out that you were indeed correct about me not quite graduating junior college.

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
486 Posts
Oh come on now, we're not all like that.
Sure, like with everything in life, there are exceptions (but are scarce in this particular field).
The industry is slowly getting less cheesy and sleazy, so please try not to perpetuate that stereotype.
Not my experience (whether shopping or coming for service). I've never wanted to work at a car dealership, but my current situation made me less picky, so I've recently applied for work at two separate car dealerships (one Subaru and one VW) and both kept emphasizing the "us" factor. When I was asked a question about customers at VW, with my 8+yr experience in the sales field I've replied something along the lines of "Customer comes first." The manager was like (and I quote) "uh, sure, that's partially true, but we are in a business to make money, not to please customers" :crazy:
I'm glad they didn't hire me and I was able to retain my morals!

So, I stand by my money-hungry leeches comment.
That's like saying everyone on this forum is a bunch of tree-hugging granola-munching lesbians who kayak and own two golden retrievers.
And there probably are, but who cares? Boulder is a good example! :raspberry: :N_poke:

·
Registered
83 Posts
As someone who has recently gone the route of looking extensively for cars at dealerships - VW, Toyota, Honda & finally Subaru - I have to say the experience was (as a standard) mediocre.. While I am sure there are exceptions to the rule the industry would benefit from a paradigm shift. Treat customers as if they were intelligent. Biggies would be extensive training on product and the subtleties of making a sale to informed clientele.

The dealer video typifies (unfortunately) & treats the viewing public as if they were dullards with generalized statements like "symmetrical AWD", or "like butter" (which mean little in context). When is snow like butter? The false enthusiasm for the car also rings hollow. What speaks the loudest is the action of the car as it breaks through the soft snow. Thank heaven Subaru actually makes informative & intelligent television commercials which highlight product in specific demographics - NOVA, PBS etc.

Cheers,

CapeAnn

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
486 Posts
The dealer video typifies (unfortunately) & treats the viewing public as if they were dullards were generalized statements "symmetrical AWD", or "like butter" (which mean very little in context).
Those videos are a lot more enjoyable with the audio muted :icon_wink:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts