Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
End of next year and I 'might' change the car.
I like the auto, DO NOT want a manual gearbox.
I think I am correct in saying that there is not a Forester Sti with an autobox...post 2003 ?
I know that there are one or two very early SF with the auto but they will be too old.
So the only option is a UK/Euro Forester with a turbo and autobox and start all over again ?

Unless I get another make altogether !

Brian

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,570 Posts
Get a 1.4 TSI Tiguan with DSG ;)
Won't be as much fun as a FSTI for sure though.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT
657 Posts
Less-than-delighted 4EAT owner here.

Defo try before you buy, this gearbox ruins an otherwise splendid stationwagon.

S

·
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Less-than-delighted 4EAT owner here.

Defo try before you buy, this gearbox ruins an otherwise splendid stationwagon.

S
Had the T/tb for 9+ years, never a problem with the autobox so don't mind another autobox on a much newer car.

Brian

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Can you get an import cross sport? Almost an sti, but iirc available with the auto in newer model years, and has the nice big fog lights in a sporty bumper instead of the fogless sti (imo the big fogs give it more of the subaru look).

·
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A Cross sport Turbo/auto is on the list but I still fancy a blast with an Sti, but HAS to be auto !

No hurry, just musing/fact finding well in advance.

Cheers
Brian

·
Registered
2003 Cross Sports
821 Posts
I've got the JDM Cross Sports but can tell you there are a few FSTi's by me and I would rather have one of those. They do come in auto.

That front end conversion shown above also comes with a rear bumper piece but it ends up hiding the exhaust more.

·
2,966 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trinidoc, are the Fsti's you know a JDM or a US type and are they on the SG platform ?

Cheers

Brian

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Heh this thread prompted me to look at the subaru.jp site. I can't believe how many models they have there now!

I thought all SG fsti's were 6 speed? What auto trans would they come with, the 4 speed?

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
From what I have read, and i've read a lot of Japanese websites, and there are no Forester STI autos. And if my nursery level japanese serves me correctly the cross sport was brought to the market to fill the gap between the XT and the STi.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts