Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2010 forester X. Premium package with a few extras. Replacing my wife's '98 Forester S. I Drive a 05 Legacy GT, and since I use this name on other forums, I stuck with it here as well..

I've upgraded my legacy to stage 2 and have some suspension upgrades, and may have more to do on that car in the future. You can never get it as good as it could be, ya know.

Here's my legacy: (Can not post link, not trustworthy yet)

Will probably do some suspension mods on the new forester too. Rear sway and mounting brackets at the very least. Also the Front control arm bushings and maybe a lower brace as well..

Any way, Hello to you all...

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
Welcome to the forum, lot's of great reading and lot's of modding info being added by members with the latest generation Forester.

Nothing wrong with being stuck with a name that represents a Subaru that you drive, just means your more familiar with the brand than some new members are, that equals experience and wisdom.

I guess you have to have 15 posts before you can add a link, but I think you can attach photo's to your posts now(?). Lot's of good reading if you want to use the Search and I'm sure you'll be posting to other peoples threads soon enough.

Enjoy the forum and if your wife let's you enjoy the Forester, you might be trading cars.:icon_razz:

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,929 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggin:

Congratulation on the new Forester purchase! :cool: As to pictures, you're required to have 15 posts to link to a host (to prevent spamming), but you can attach pictures (thumbnails) now. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2010 Forester
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, for the welcome.

I have been looking a round here a bit for the last month or so while we were shopping so I figured I had better sign up eventually.

I know whiteline has a good list of mods for the 09+ models, most other manufactures seem a bit behind them. Coming from the LGT crowd the choices in mods seem kinda thin. But I realise most folks with NA foresters don't automatically think "I really need to tighten up this suspension.."

I'll try to work on that post count...

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,929 Posts
There are tons of aftermarket MODding parts available thru the '08 model year, one of the reasons I choose an earlier model. With the design change in '09, it will take awhile for aftermarket parts to become available, but they will come. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2010 Forester
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never considered mods on my previous foresters. My wife's 98 was really past the prime to get any good time return on the investment. I traded my 02 in on my LGT, that's when I caught the aftermarket bug. Now every car I'm in I think about what possibilities are out there...

·
Registered
2010 Forester
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, and for those shopping I found the information on True Car to be very helpful when negotiating on this forester.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh I forgot to mention, I had a 83 GL wagon and and 86 BRAT previously as well. Those are the cars that really sold me on subaru. For the most part they were designed to be repaired. It was part of the subaru philosophy, build an inexpensive car that the owner could maintain if the chose to do the work. The owners manual for my 83 GL wagon had instructions on how to gap the plugs and adjust the valves... Really they are still some of the easiest cars to wrench, IMO.

Now I wouldn't trade my LGT for almost any thing, but if someone out there had a factory new BRAT, I'd have to do some serious thinking on that one.

I really wish subaru offered a more utilitarian version of the forester. Give me an interior I can hose out to clean and AWD with hi-low selector and now we're talking. Just doesn't fit in with the tribeca game plan I guess.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Have gotten to drive the new forester a few times now. Clutch and shifter feel better than any previous model 5sp in a forester to me. They made almost all the controls easy, except the seat heater. They are smaller controls and hard to see as they are too far back.

I've got a squeak in the drivers door somewhere, but over all fit and finish look good. I like they were able to put the sunglasses holder back in with the moonroof. My LGT does not have the SG holder.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts