Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All. I'm in the middle of trying to decide about buying my first Subaru. I really love the Forester and have found a vehicle I really like. I'm just trying to determine if the price is right. Can anyone advice here?

The vehicle is a 2008 Subaru Forester Sports 2.5X, in Black Onyx, with around 34k miles on it. It's pretty clean inside and out and the AutoCheck report ranks at 93 and all seems to be clean. I think most of the features are pretty standard except it has a power sunroof, not sure if that was an optional or not. I think I can the vehicle for $16,000 flat and that seems to be a reasonable price but I thought I'd come ask the experts.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls!
The moonroof was standard on the Sports models, and with that mileage the price doesn't sound too far off the going market price...

If you aren't sure, just compare it to similar models on Autotrader... I know there are lots of Sports 2.5X's listed on there with varying mileage.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Congrats, I just purchased a 2001 forester my self. I've owned a WRX, LGT, wife has 09 forester and now I'm jumping into a forester. I think you are getting a pretty good price on it. Just remember that a Subaru will last you forever as long as you take car of it.

·
Registered
2008 Sports 2.5x
335 Posts
Great Choice

My 08 Sports 2.5X has been a great ride, 64K miles on her and zero issues. Good choice and decent price.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the posts! Can anyone tell me how you can determine whether the Sports X is the 10th Anniversary model or not? Were all 2008 Sports 10th Anniversary models or only select ones have that package?

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Thanks for the posts! Can anyone tell me how you can determine whether the Sports X is the 10th Anniversary model or not? Were all 2008 Sports 10th Anniversary models or only select ones have that package?
Check out Subaru Research Site- specs, prices, options, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008... and check out the specifications and options and compare. Our Canadian Aniversary Edition differs some what from the US. Scroll down on the 2008 specs and you'll find out what the Anniversary package offered from the X Sport.
Good luck with the new purchase, think smiles per miles:icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the link. I've looked at that page several times and still can't seem to figure out if the vehicle I'm looking at has the anniversary package or not. It seems all of the Sports models have the 16" alloys, the silver roof rails, the turn signals on the headlights, so I can't tell by the exterior pictures of my vehicle if it's an anniversary package or not.

·
Registered
2010 Forester X
11 Posts
That sounds like a really good deal. I was very surprised at the resale value of Subarus when I went shopping for mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts