Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking of buying the AVH-p4200 from Pioneer and I wonder if anyone got this unit and what you think of it.....
And does these units fit the SF?
I got ordered a new/used front from a forum member(BTI_Bob), and now I wonder how are these double din players supposed to be mounted in the hole?
There is no metallic support bracket in there that I know of.
Does the US forester come with the bracket factory installed?
Thx for any answer you can give

Edit: Another potential problem could be to get money to buy this thing. lol

Pioneer USA - AVH-P4200DVD - In-Dash Double-DIN DVD Multimedia AV Receiver with 7'' Touchscreen Display

Attachments

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bump

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump
None knows anything about the SF5 double din installation?

·
aka DMax in Alaska
'06 Mini Cooper S JCW 6MT
786 Posts
Send a PM to chanomatik (here or NASIOC), I think he installed this unit in his '08 FSXT. Maybe he can help with your questions.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Send a PM to chanomatik (here or NASIOC), I think he installed this unit in his '08 FSXT. Maybe he can help with your questions.
Thx. I did find ppl who said they install this or similar unit in a SG but I need someone who installed one in a older SF. Or installed a double din player at all in a sf (98-02) models.

·
Premium Member
98 GM67 + 03 SG
357 Posts
It works, Crutchfield just listed it as a "budget friendly" option for a MY99 Forester.

If it is anything like my MY98 RS, you'll remove the plastic trim, remove 4 screws that hold the cage in and remove the cage from the dash. The new unit will bolt to the cage and the cage will mount to the dash to hold it all in. Quite straightforward. Just be sure to pick up the correct wiring adapter and you should be all set.

Keep us informed if you pick up the 4200. I'm eying it as the replacement to the stock unit in my 03. Just gotta sell the stereo stuff from the RS first to help fund it.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It works, Crutchfield just listed it as a "budget friendly" option for a MY99 Forester.

If it is anything like my MY98 RS, you'll remove the plastic trim, remove 4 screws that hold the cage in and remove the cage from the dash. The new unit will bolt to the cage and the cage will mount to the dash to hold it all in. Quite straightforward. Just be sure to pick up the correct wiring adapter and you should be all set.

Keep us informed if you pick up the 4200. I'm eying it as the replacement to the stock unit in my 03. Just gotta sell the stereo stuff from the RS first to help fund it.
Cool. thx for your help. I'm afraid I don't have that cage you talk about. I need to buy that too then.

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,736 Posts
elmy,

I believe I saw a post here or nasioc on the brackets and they weren't too dear of a price.

I'll try to find the post.

dm

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
elmy,

I believe I saw a post here or nasioc on the brackets and they weren't too dear of a price.

I'll try to find the post.

dm
Thx m8. that would be great :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Dwmoss: did you find it?

Edit: nwm. Jackie at AnnapolisSubaru.com have the cage or radio brackets that is. They are cheap anyway :biggrin:
Great prices I guess :woohoo:

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Slight change of plans. Just ordered the Pioneer avh-p3200bt instead.
A couple of reasons for that. 1: Price/availability. 2:built-in BT for handsfree.
It got smaller screen (5.8" vs 7") and the usb port is on the front instead of the rear and the display is not adjustable.
The biggest point anyway is that I did not have to order it from the US because of the price.

So with that ordered and the brackets on their way and the "new" light adjust switch on the way. I think the center console will look slightly different when I'm done :biggrin:

I see it's been installed before http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f115/ej25wrxs-02-forester-l-73471/

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Forgot to mention I also ordered a 16GB SD card with the unit.
Hopefully it will work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts