Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Forester XT Touring
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I don't know if I'll piss off a lot of guys, but I'm wanting to make my own (2014) Subaru Forester ts STI with my 2017 Subaru Forester XT Touring😂. Especially the one in Australia that has no engine mods, but all handling modifications and has the look of a STI Forester.

2014 Subaru Forester ts STI Limited Edition

My 2017 Subaru Forester XT

I'm wanting to make my Forester into the ts STI Forester with some exterior modifications like: front lip, front grille, badges, wheels, and pinstriping. Of course, I'm going to do some of my own modifications that I want to do like a bigger rear sway bar, window tint, roof rack, trailer hitch, mudflaps, lowering springs, front roll center correction kit for when I lower it (especially when I think of putting some coilovers on it😂), and some more DC outlets and USB outlets around the car.

This is like a way to keep record of what I'm wanting to build for my Forester. And people to give their critiques of my build. Maybe it'll help people🤷🏻‍♂️😂, idk. But yeah.

I'd like to know what you guys think tho. I'm open to opinions and am wondering what you guys may think of me making a list of all the parts I will be choosing and stuff. Even the threads I find very informative on some of the parts☺.

Hope you guys have a good rest of your night and Happy adventures!🙋🏻‍♂️☺

·
Registered
2017 Subaru Forester XT Touring
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey I’m doing this to my 2014! Have you found a source for the grille yet?
I Have actually found a grille really similar to the one that they have on the STI Forester.

1. ebay Option
2. Amazon Option

These are really good option for a grilles. You'll just need to get a Subaru badge for a Forester and a STI Badge.

And I think you know that you can use BRZ ts badges for the side front fenders. Subispeed even shows the emblem on a forester. lol

- BRZ ts Badge

·
Registered
2018 Forester Blk Edition Lineartronic CVT with X-Mode
165 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Forester Blk Edition Lineartronic CVT with X-Mode
165 Posts
This too was my goal or at least as close as possible. The cost of the suspension parts that make it a tS are very costly. Much more than I could have imagined. I added the front and rear strut bar and the rear sway bar and that's where I've paused for now... Subispeed.com carries the emblems and badges. The suspension parts are much harder to find and expensive in my eyes. I would be all set with coilovers and thicker/stronger arms and end links. Don't think it would need anything else for handling. Sarah n-Tuned has a couple of great videos of her coilovers and arms on her Forester Gump on YouTube

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2017 Forester XT CVT (High Torque)
235 Posts
I too have an obsession with the Forester tS and have been importing parts from the tS for my 2017 XT. I’ll be following your build. Mine is a bit schizophrenic though because I’m also trying to increase the off-road capabilities.

I have already replaced the platinum interior trim with black pieces, added all the flexible support braces, replaced the grille (EBay), replaced the engine cover, and replaced some interior trim with JDM tS parts. I also upgraded to LED headlamps and mirror turn signals from the Touring model, and added the LED front bumper vertical lights.

For the brakes I upgraded the front rotors and pads all around, stainless brake lines, and added a master cylinder brace, but have kept the stock calipers for now. I wanted 17” Method rally wheels, so I can’t install the 4-pot calipers and big rotors from the tS.

Suspension-wise, I upgraded to an STI rear sway bar and replaced all the end links and control arm bushings. Instead of the STI pink springs and STI struts I went with stiffer 1” lift springs from Mann Engineering. I’m on stock struts but may upgrade to Bilstein B6 at some point.

The STI steering wheel doesn’t fit the 2017 Forester, so I went with a DAMD wheel from Japan. I added a steering dampener lockout as well.

I also installed a 3” into dual 2.5” cat-back sport exhaust from Mann Engineering.

The biggest bang for the buck came from the steering dampener lockout, master cylinder brace, rear sway bar, and stiffer springs, followed by the Hawk HPS 5.0 brake pads. The STI flexible support braces on the suspension are nice, but probably not worth the cost (maybe just the front tower bar). Replacing the intake hose clamps (“The Danoz Fix”) was also a great cheap upgrade.

I have added/am adding a bunch of overlanding parts like a front winch, skid plates, bumper guard, hitch and hitch-mounted spare, and rock sliders that don’t really match the tS aesthetic, but do match my lifestyle.

Check out my build log here:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts