Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tonight I'm checking out a 2004 Forester XS (A/t) with 69k miles on it at a local dealer. What do you think a fair price for this would be? The car appears (from photos, I will update with more info tomorrow) to be in great shape.

The car has a few extras:
heated seats, moonroof, 6 cd changer....

I'm new to foresters (and subies), is there anything in particular to 04's I should be looking out for when I test drive and crawl under this car?

Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
That particular setup sounds like it's in the clear in all categories. Aside from checking the fluid levels, and inspecting things like the CV boots for tears... there shouldn't be anything to concern yourself with that setup.

The '04 didn't suffer from the headgasket woes of previous models... and with that mileage you don't have to worry about whether or not the timing belt has been replaced or not since that doesn't need to be done until 100k.
As long as maintenance has been done regularly, you should be good to go.

However... check to see how the moonroof works, sometimes there were track/motor issues that the dealership will fix for you if they're required.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply

I'll check out the CV joints and moon roof. Lets hope I'm joining the Subie crowd this week.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XS
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks again for the help

I now own a 2004 silver Forester XS.

Its been great in the snow, freezing rain, now I just can't wait to test out the sunroof this summer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts