Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, we sold out LGT and are down to 1 car and a motorcycle. We have looked for a decent used 99-06 forester but have not found anything to our liking, that was not priced way too high.

So with that, we started looking at new 2010x models. SE package in auto. Any particular reason why we should stay away? Its pretty much narrowed down to a forester or a legacy cvt. Both n/a motors. I really like the legacy, but it feels too big compared to our old lgt and fsxt. The forester is big, but at least it sits up high. We both drive about 12-15 miles per day round trip so the fuel mileage difference is null.

I really want the forester, for its utility(to get the hitch off the xt) and its ground clearance, as well as for camping. Decisions decisions.

We should know what we are going to do tomorrow evening but advice is always welcome.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
You could always read the "pet peeves" thread. Of course, the thing goes on for pages, and I don't necessarily agree with everything in there...oh and you have to sift through different MY for diff people.

I mean, maybe no one will tell you to stay away, right? Not on here anyway. For me, right now, just cuz I'm not sure how I feel yet...I'd shy away from the cvt. But nothing will really matter until you start reading through problems or until you fall in love with that one car.

Yeah, decisions, decisions. Good luck!!

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean. I feel like a noob for even posting this thread. Maybe in 12 or so hours I might have some feedback from MY10 owners.

I also agree with the cvt. While its cool to drive, I often worry about it being that its so new.

Tough call!

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,760 Posts
My vote is go for the Forester(suprise, surprise). I looked at the new Outback when my 2001 Outback died(HG). I didn't like it as it's way larger than my 2001 was. I test drove the Forester and it was a better fit for me. Taller, wider and not as long. I have a small 1 car garage, and the 2010 Outback would have to be shoehorned to fit. I'm glad I made the switch to my Fozzy:).

·
Registered
2009 2.5X Limited 4EAT
386 Posts
Not sure if you're a Simpsons fan...but I can picture you in the car lot, looking at each car, Ooo-ing like Homer Simpson "Ooooo, look at the red one....Ooooo, but the sage green is soo pretty!" Decisions, decisions! lol!

It's a force of habit with me. I see something I like, I'm all about the Homer Oo-ing now "Ooooo!"

Hope it works out and you get a good deal.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,014 Posts
Its a tough call... I drove a sage green MY10 X loaner in Tampa back in February. It was a nice car, but had a few little things I didn't like compared to my MY07, and a few things I really liked.

I didn't like the square cup holders, or the overall centre console arrangement.
I did however like the rear seat setup with the folding compartments and such, as well as the rear door compartments and such.
Overall it seemed too much like an SUV to me, but that's basically what you're looking for now. Overall I liked it, but I would still rather buy a MY10 Legacy... mostly because I love the look of them and want an H6 Subaru badly! Don't buy the CVT though, they're the only transmission in history to have made me feel car sick!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts