Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Ralstorm
10 XT Auto
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha,
So after finding one of my old transformer toys I have a hair-brained idea to spray paint the Autobots logo onto my intercooler as the lil subaru transformer has on it and like STis. How bad of an idea is this? And if its not at bad idea how would I go about doing it?
Here is a link of the stencil and a picture of my toy
Transformers Autobots Pumpkin Stencil | pumpkin carving stencils

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
109 Posts
That is awesome! Do it! :banana:

I've actually had that suggested to me by my crew, but I already have the symbol in two other places (1 exterior, 1 interior) so I didn't want to go super crazy. My car is actually known as the "TransForester" around town. I'm actually having a vinyl of it done in the Transformers font to go across the back bumber. And at car shows I like to leave the original animated movie playing on my DVD player. That's the DVD case holding the hood just slightly open. Check these out!

As far as the stencil goes, good luck. I've tried it a couple time with nothing worth showing off. But with some attention to detail and some trial and error I believe it can be done. :woohoo:

·
Ralstorm
10 XT Auto
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice pictures, It looks sweet. If I do go through with it, what sort of paint should I use to paint it?

·
Ralstorm
10 XT Auto
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it was posted, so it was done! So all in all it took me about a week with painting in several coats. A big help was this post from Peaty http://www.scoobymods.com/forester-xt-diy-intercooler-t2590.html?t=2590
I ended up using aluminum screen for windows because it still let air though and it should be enough to stop small debris. I then went to Auto Zone and picked up engine primer, gloss black, and gloss red high temp spray paint. Cut out a piece that was 12x11 inches in order to fold it and tuck it behind the engine cover thingy. In order to transfer the Halloween stencil to the poster board I used the technique for carving pumpkins, poked a bunch of holes. I first primed it then painted it black after a day. The next day I taped the screen to the board and weighed it down with some... uh... weights. Finally I was able to paint the red. My only issue was that some of the paint got stuck to the tarp, oh well. I have pictures for it all and I think I achieved the look I was going for. Now if I can only get my Forester to transform! AUTOBOTS UNITE!! Maholo for your kokua aka thank you for your support :D
-Anthony

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 2.0XT CVT
3,069 Posts
so you painted the screen then put it over the intercooler? Not a bad idea actually. Came out pretty cool

1 - 13 of 13 Posts