Rally Armor sport mudflaps
JDM rear spoiler

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
nice man - i can't wait to ride in it again with the new mods!

ps - i'd like to know what the shop did to get the STi driveshaft to work...

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
Very nice,

What numbers are you putting down?

joe r

·
Premium Member
04 XT 6spd
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The drive shaft is off of a 04 STi, not sure if its a JDM or USDM. But i see what your getting at. With the forseter crossmember the driveshaft seemed to knock around abit, so they changed the crossmember to an sti to change the angle of drive shaft and tranny, hence my 1st gear seems a little spongy to get into, but other than that, every gear is magic.

I havent tracked the car with this set up yet. last time i tracked it was with the VF39 and 5speed, i trapped 12.90 @107

I took off the headers also. i did loose a noticeable difference on the top end. i mean noticeable. but gained more torque on the bottom.

The car seems very tame. Its a friendly daily driver, but everything changes once you punch it.

I have made alot of trial and error on this car so far. My exhaust tone is alot of fun. True Boxer rumble. Again, by removing the resonator, (which you would think would sound like a ricer) and replacing stock sti up-pipe and manifold has created exactly what i have been looking for.

The car rides better with 16's
I tried 18's as well as 17's

Megan Racing coil overs= Garbage.

If your curious about swapping turbo's, consider this. How much driving do you do? Your daily commute will cost you a whole lot more with bigger turbo's and injector's. But everyone's driving habits are different. I for one am in persuit of crushing ego's with my grocery getter. I get asked all the time, why i have a big scoop on my wagon..too funny.

·
Premium Member
04 XT 6spd
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well Joe, sorry thought you were askin bout 1/4 mile numbers...

I've never been on the dyno, since its always been street tuned. My tuner says it should be running around 380-390 crank hp and about 360-370 torque at the crank. I think it sounds about right. The numbers arent accurate till i hit the dyno ofcourse.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
At 20psi, I bet your putting down higher numbers than you suspect. Going with a 20% drivetrain loss, what is posted is around 320whp/300wtq. Generally the numbers are the other way with the TQ higher than the HP. A VF39 at 20psi will do 300+whp/340+wtq (depending on tune and dyno of course), so I bet your 18G is a bit above that.

Eithery way, you have one sweet setup!

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
I havent tracked the car with this set up yet. last time i tracked it was with the VF39 and 5speed, i trapped 12.90 @107
Forget the 1/4 mile, come along to Mecaglisse the next time I go and let's see how fast it goes round the track !

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
That snow pic is just a tease. I'm getting my snows on tomorrow. Can't wait for some white stuff.

We have to find a lake this year and get a group together.

·
Premium Member
04 XT 6spd
946 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Jeff, it was a pleasure talking to you too, i'll catch up with you some time shortly. I think i'm due anyway, lol...

Thanks Nektar...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts