Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

221 - 239 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
2003 XTi Cross Sports 4EAT :(
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #221 (Edited)
Did some de/re-badge work on the Foz.

Moved the rear SUBARU emblem to the front.

Removed "Forester 2.5X", moved AWD from the side pillars over the holes, and put a Subaru logo where the SUBARU used to be.

eBay Subaru emblem, black and the stars are not connected.

·
Registered
05 Forester XT 4EAT
38 Posts
Wow, just bought my 05 FXT yesterday and you did one of the mods i already want to do. The HEADLIGHTS! I really want to see you Foz and talk to you about the mods you have done. Did you have to do any cutting to get the rear lift gate handle on? Have you thought about putting the 06 door mirror/turn signals on the car? Im located in Bremerton which from what i can see is not too far away from you at all. I will def be subscribing to this thread and following closely. You Foz looks awsome!

·
Registered
2004 Forester X-AT AT
7 Posts
Where in the devil did you get that oil cooler relocation kit? I can only find FILTER relocation kits..

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #227 (Edited)
Wow, just bought my 05 FXT yesterday and you did one of the mods i already want to do. The HEADLIGHTS! I really want to see you Foz and talk to you about the mods you have done. Did you have to do any cutting to get the rear lift gate handle on? Have you thought about putting the 06 door mirror/turn signals on the car? Im located in Bremerton which from what i can see is not too far away from you at all. I will def be subscribing to this thread and following closely. You Foz looks awsome!
I had to drill some holes for the gate handle yes. I really want the newer mirrors but have yet to find a good set. If there ever is another local meet we should meet up.

Where in the devil did you get that oil cooler relocation kit? I can only find FILTER relocation kits..
Amazon! Derale 15451 Engine Oil Cooler Kit

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #229 (Edited)
After roughly 3 years my Goodyear Eagle GT's (215/55/17) are pretty much shot. Never were that great of a tire, they were awesome at first but then just became such a "meh" experience.

Due to saving up for my supercharger I'm selling off my MB Boost Wheels I've had since I damaged my previous Gram Lights and am just putting my stock wheels back on. Those wheels currently have some Firestone Affinity LH30 (215/60/16) that are practically brand new with less than 5k on them so I'll rock those for a while.

I decided to paint them since they were all nasty from the previous owner. I just rattle canned them last night with some Rust-Oleum Universal Metallic in Champagne Mist.

Today when I put the wheels on I also rattle canned my calipers in the same paint and it turned out rather well.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
Great news!!!

Getting my Gram Light T57-RC wheels repaired! After over a year with them sitting broken in my garage from my accident I found a local shop who is repairing the damage for only $300 and I will paint them myself.

·
Registered
2003 forester 2.5x 4 speed automatic
103 Posts
eBay Strut Bar: Added padding insulation for part looks and to protect the AC lines.

Overall shot:

any modifications to either the car or braces to make the imprezza braces fit a forester? i am loving this built thread so far since anything you do will apply to MY 2003 forester 2.5x auto trans.

·
Registered
2004 Forester Auto
2 Posts
Looks pretty good:) Ive been looking around for the same intake that you have used, but have no luck finding it on ebay:icon_frown: and how often do you have to clean the filter?

Installed my new cold air intake today. I was pretty happy with the Ganz-Flow I had but I wanted a full cold air intake getting rid of the airbox.

I got an OBX DIY 3" intake for a 00-01 Subaru Impreza RS off eBay for $20, hoses and clamps for breather extensions for about $20 from a local shop, and a massive Weapon R "Secret Weapon" 6.5" x 10" cone filter in the fender for about $55. All in all, much cheaper than the Ganz-Flow and my stock airbox with a K&N.

My Subaru enthusiast friend asked "...does it sound like it eats small children for breakfast?" The answer is yes.

Initial impressions is much louder sound, obviously, but the big difference is how it drives. There is much smoother acceleration across the board, the butt dyno seems to think there is more low end power too, there is more of a surge of acceleration when I step on it but it is less jerky than the previous setup if that makes any sense.

The filter is so big it is touching the fender liner on the bottom, it BARELY fit, so I might cut the pipe a little shorter so the filter has more room to breathe. I also want to cut down the pipe in the engine bay so I can put my AEM bypass back in the mix.

Lastly, I had my first accident a short while back:

No one was hurt and the other car has basically no damage, a Chevy Blazer? My insurance took care of it and the car is good as new, but I need to get the new fender re-painted, the color doesn't quite match but the paint has a lifetime warranty through the shop.

221 - 239 of 239 Posts