Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
201 - 220 of 243 Posts
Discussion starter · #201 ·
That's unfortunate, are you going to eventually find a replacement for the T57-RC? It'd be a shame to waste a set of such nice wheels.
I was told they may be repairable but I'm concerned about structural integrity. If I can find a replacement I will order one, if not I will try and sell the good three, two of those are perfect, one has about 2" line of curb rash on the lip.

Discussion starter · #202 ·
As promised here are pics (quick cell pics) of the new suspension Swifts and KYB-GR2s, also the new temporary MB Boost wheels till I can hopefully repair my Gram Lights.

I will take some shots with the SLR soon.

OH and I just noticed I hit 500 posts today:

Attachments

Discussion starter · #204 ·
Ride looks good sir! Did you get your troubles sorted out??
Not really, I've been lazy... or rather just busy with other things.

My alignment is crap after my accident and I'm just ruining my tires I know it... I am ordering a bunch of repair parts and upgrades and am gonna drop her off at a shop soon and just let them go crazy. I'm a little fed up with it at the moment...

Discussion starter · #207 ·
Wow that's a shame about the wheels! The new ones look fine though.

The lightweight crank pulley and HFC are both things on my "to buy" list. I'm interested to hear your impressions on them.
The new wheels aren't bad, just no Gram Lights in comparison!

I look forward to the pulley and HFC a lot, I will certainly let you know what I think.

So major buzzkill tonight....

Got a $124 traffic ticket for 50mph in a 35mph, I have witnesses, that this did not happen... so now I have to go to court contesting this ticket... I will not have my perfect record tarnished.

Discussion starter · #210 ·
Just had the following installed today:
  • Stromung high flow cat
  • Perrin aluminum lightweight crank pulley
  • Aluminum pitch stop mount
  • Maniac Motors 140w alternator
  • 04' STI Steering Rack
  • Whiteline steering rack bushings
  • Camber bolts

I also had a new air filter, spark plugs, belts, fuel filter, trans flush, diff flush, brake flush, coolant flush, oil change, and an alignment done.

The car revs up fast and accelerates hard but very smoothly along with the fact that it shifts like a dream. The steering is so precise too, the turn in is amazing. It makes the car feel completely different now.

Discussion starter · #212 · (Edited)
Installed my new cold air intake today. I was pretty happy with the Ganz-Flow I had but I wanted a full cold air intake getting rid of the airbox.

I got an OBX DIY 3" intake for a 00-01 Subaru Impreza RS off eBay for $20, hoses and clamps for breather extensions for about $20 from a local shop, and a massive Weapon R "Secret Weapon" 6.5" x 10" cone filter in the fender for about $55. All in all, much cheaper than the Ganz-Flow and my stock airbox with a K&N.

My Subaru enthusiast friend asked "...does it sound like it eats small children for breakfast?" The answer is yes.

Initial impressions is much louder sound, obviously, but the big difference is how it drives. There is much smoother acceleration across the board, the butt dyno seems to think there is more low end power too, there is more of a surge of acceleration when I step on it but it is less jerky than the previous setup if that makes any sense.

The filter is so big it is touching the fender liner on the bottom, it BARELY fit, so I might cut the pipe a little shorter so the filter has more room to breathe. I also want to cut down the pipe in the engine bay so I can put my AEM bypass back in the mix.

Lastly, I had my first accident a short while back:

No one was hurt and the other car has basically no damage, a Chevy Blazer? My insurance took care of it and the car is good as new, but I need to get the new fender re-painted, the color doesn't quite match but the paint has a lifetime warranty through the shop.

Discussion starter · #217 · (Edited)
Headrests look great! Nice mod list you have!
Thanks man. It's been fun, definitely slowing down, but still doing things here and there. Next batch will be suspension mods, stiffening up. Big time.

I will also keep doing little things to the sound system. For instance I just put in some speaker baffles.

Put these on all four speakers, OH MY, huge difference. Night and day, the mid bass just shines now. Next up will be some dynamat/raamat.

Hey those Hertz's look familiar. Dieci's by chance? My friend has a set. For being the lowest possible ones he could buy from Hertz, they're sweet!

I have a full 50 ft roll of butyl Mega Mat left from my deadening install if you're interested :biggrin:

201 - 220 of 243 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.