Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Dodgy Post Whore - eh!
2003 XT 2.5 AT
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here's your chance to design the ultimate would-be signature. Link your post from your actual signature and it's just one click away from your real signature. Edit at will.

Benefits include these posts not getting in the way of smooth browsing and thread-reading, and it gives those of us so-inclined a creative outlet for our sigging.

To experience, just click on the second link in my own sig.

Edit: It helps to deselect "Show signature" on your Ultimate Signature post.

·
Dodgy Post Whore - eh!
2003 XT 2.5 AT
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Sheepish's Ultimate Signature post

1998 Subaru Forester S/tb, 4EAT, ~130,000km, stock apart from sporting the odd gorse scratch, some 50/50 AT tyres, and a mended crack in the back bumper from when I found out the hard way that Foresters have a bad departure angle.

Significant repairs include a new suspension bush to replace a leaking one ( View attachment 1725 ), a reconditioned power steering pump, and a fix to a split plastic bit on the radiator end cap thing. And I've had an oil leak "fixed" at least five times. Most recently fix was another leaking suspension bush, replaced with a second hand one.

Finally, at the beginning of 2006 I needed to get a new front right inner guard liner... for some reason. :icon_rolleyes:

Driver's door replaced Jul 2014 after someone reversed into it. Windscreen replaced Jan 2015. Car written off Feb 2015 after someone drove into the front of it.

=====

Second Forester bought March 2015, a 2003 Forester XT 2.5L AT, "graphite black mica", 112Mm. 155kW, 320Nm. The body has a few dings and the paint has some minor scrapes and lots and lots of tiny scratches but it runs very well.

·
German tech
MY16 Audi S3 Sedan DSG 6 speed
3,563 Posts
Signatures seem to be whatever rubbish you can fit in them.

However it was a question, hence the "?"

Never mind though, the thread isn't the place to ask. would hate to take it off topic (what was the topic again)

·
Dodgy Post Whore - eh!
2003 XT 2.5 AT
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Candy said:
Signatures seem to be whatever rubbish you can fit in them.
And in this thread we can fit more in them! Except they're not really signatures...

Candy said:
However it was a question, hence the "?"
I figured you were wondering if the idea would work. :N_poke:

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,456 Posts
toddlamp said:
I hate this 50 character crap. It's less than 1/3 of a text messege
You must've missed the point of this thread...

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
toddlamp said:
Nah, I got it, i'm just selfish.

It's a good idea though.
And you didn't even notice your new title.

:rolleyes:

·
German tech
MY16 Audi S3 Sedan DSG 6 speed
3,563 Posts
Hey Kathy

It is what you put in your user options as your signature for each post

See mine below. It gets added automatially to your posts if you have entered info into the options field

Look at the top of the screen to the left where is says USER CP. Click on it and you can edit all sorts of stuff including your signature

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/forums/profile.php?do=editsignature

·
Registered
2009 Grand Vitara 2.4JLX 5MT 1.97:1 D/R
143 Posts
1998 Subaru Forester S/tb, 4EAT, ~130,000km, stock apart from sporting the odd gorse scratch, some 50/50 AT tyres, and a mended crack in the back bumper from when I found out the hard way that Foresters have a bad departure angle.

Significant repairs include a new suspension bush to replace a leaking one ( View attachment 1725 ), a reconditioned power steering pump, and a fix to a split plastic bit on the radiator end cap thing. And I've had an oil leak "fixed" at least five times. Most recently fix was another leaking suspension bush, replaced with a second hand one.

Finally, at the beginning of 2006 I needed to get a new front right inner guard liner... for some reason. :icon_rolleyes:

Driver's door replaced Jul 2014 after someone reversed into it. Windscreen replaced Jan 2015. Car written off Feb 2015 after someone drove into the front of it.

=====

Second Forester bought March 2015, a 2003 Forester XT 2.5L AT, black mica, 112Mm. The body has a few dings and the paint has some minor scrapes and lots of tiny scratches but it runs very well.
Good find! Those NZDM 2.5 XT Foresters are few and far between! Most are just the 2.0L Japanese imports. I looked for one when I was buying my Foz but I could hardly afford an SG, let alone an XT... Plus the lack of dual-range in the manual would annoy me as well.

Nice to see another Kiwi here, anyway.

·
Dodgy Post Whore - eh!
2003 XT 2.5 AT
1,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There were certainly not a lot to choose from! I saw several dual range manuals listed, but like you said, almost all available Foresters are 2.0L, and most of them are lowered (either off the shelf or after market) and with tinted windows (which I really don't like). I found there are a lot of dealers selling various 2005 NA models, at one of which I saw had a Fukushima badge on the back.

I have a list of about 30 kiwi Forester owners. Most don't post very often, including myself these days. Your Leithen Bush video shows off some stunning views. It looks like an incredible drive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts