Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
:(
495 Posts
I like the big wing. It's a "hey, I got a STI so don't f with me" without having to look for the STI emblem.

We christened our bugeye with the STI wing when we did a full STI swap w/wiring harness, engine, interior etc.

·
Registered
495 Posts
You're not alone. I much prefer subtle and tasteful to big and garish.
But there really isn't anything subtle about the STI overall (well I guess you could argue the current gen) which is why the wing matches it so well... not to mention it's an ode to the early GC 2.5RS wing. =) I wasn't a fan much of the wing until I drove with it on for awhile and it grew on me. You get much more subie love while driving with such a noticeable rear end.. lol. I can easily see why many here aren't fans though... we are Forester drivers =)

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
I'm excited to see what hides beneath that cover. The NASIOC thread has an image with a hatch chopped onto that image... but it wasn't close enough to convince me.
If they make it, I could see one turning up in a family member's driveway because they're a sucker for the old winged STi's.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Duderotomy- I just saw all the talk on Nasioc about that covered STI image being one of a hatch with that big wing.... hmm. I don't buy it either... it looks to be a bumper bump too far back

·
Registered
495 Posts
The SOA blog is jokingly showing wing "options" on a sedan though.... and that PS overlay of the hatch doesn't look right. The breakover of the fabric on the floor is waaaay behind the bottom of the tires.. not right. :\

heres the photo from SOA blog

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
800 Posts
i must say.. i wasnt a fan of the newer models til i saw a 2010 sedan wrx in person.. its pretty dam nice.. if the new STi comes with direct injection.. i may be trading in the foz for it..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts