Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came across this in another forum.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but Subaru UK has decided to bring back the STi!

WRX STI - Subaru Uk

The WRX is powered by a 2.0 direct injection engine; not sure why there is no such tuned variant for the STi and they decided to use the older 2.5 engine.

I doubt it has Recaro seats otherwise it would have been mentioned I assume.

The gearbox is new though and is supposed to be one of the best features of the car according to reviews.

·
Registered
2005 FSTI Facelift
122 Posts
That's more like it.

Answers the question of what to replace the FSTi with should the need arise...

·
Registered
2004 looking 6 MT
262 Posts
Looks a nice car with a few new toys fitted like torque vectoring.wonder if STI feel like doing their magic on a forester that will actually be sold in the UK (although the JDM version would still be hotter no doubt!).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
MY05 Legacy Tuned by STI; MY05 Impreza Spec C WR Ltd
1,014 Posts
Want one.....

If only I could get the dogs in the back.... :(

·
Registered
2015 Fiat van Man stick
4,808 Posts
Sounds very much like my car with a new body shell and a good work over. I'm excited and will be booking a test drive.

·
Registered
2005 FSTI Facelift
122 Posts
You need a Levorg. :icon_wink:
The only problem being that when you tell people what you drive they'd think you had a disease of some kind.

Question: What do you drive?
Answer: A Levorg
Question: I'm really sorry to hear that, how long have you got left to live?

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,975 Posts
The only problem being that when you tell people what you drive they'd think you had a disease of some kind.

Question: What do you drive?
Answer: A Levorg
Question: I'm really sorry to hear that, how long have you got left to live?
:lol:

Very good.

Look it up though, it would be a welcome addition to the UK range in my opinion.

·
Registered
2000 Forester S Turbo Manual
932 Posts
Just had to google a Levorg myself, as it sounds to me like some evil alien race from Star Trek. Not sure if I like it.

The Impreza on the other hand, looks great. Time for Subaru to bring out some special editions now, as I reckon there will only be a decade or less before most manufacturers go electric, and I can't imagine this being great on emissions etc.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is a shame Subaru has nothing better to offer engine wise (in terms of power and consumption) , the competition is tough out there.

·
Registered
2015 Fiat van Man stick
4,808 Posts
You are bang on Joey. If you want a go faster petrol machine the time is buy now as they will be gone later. It's one reason I bought my sti. The thought of missing the opportunity to see what all the fuss was about was too much.

None of the doom and gloom merchants comments about running costs have come true either. STIs are not expensive to run at all, servicing is the same as many other models but the best bit is you have a car so more capable. If you drove a normal car at 60% of the STI you'd be trying very hard indeed. Drive at 80% in the STI and you will never be troubled by another car on the road in any weather and you still have a nice safety margin.

In short my STI is a fantastic car which has proved all day practical and capable of 500 mile days day after day with nothing going wrong. I can also get my dog in it! I'll be booking a test drive in the new one as soon as one is available.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
James, what dog do you have and where do you put him?
On the rear seats?
As much as I like the new STi, a 2nd hand Megane RS 265/Cup is a much more probable replacement candidate for the FSTi - if the need arises in a few years time -
You need to drive one. I have not come across a car with better steering feel and such a razor sharp turn-in

·
Registered
2006 STI
6,975 Posts
It is a shame Subaru has nothing better to offer engine wise (in terms of power and consumption) , the competition is tough out there.
Does seem a bit odd.

The gearbox has been improved... I cannot recall seeing a story of the 6 speed going wrong.

The engine block appears to have been retained... there are many stories of problems there.

Hopefully the engine will be a stronger/improved version.

Ultimately. I like it and given the reduced list price means there may be some good deals coming up on the prior version later this year. A new one to add to the list of possibles. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2015 Fiat van Man stick
4,808 Posts
I have a rescue dog which is a (don't laugh) Pug and Bichon Frise cross. He's an little spud but he's great. Non molting which is a mega bonus!

He travels in the passenger seat foot well - the wife has to put her feet one side and he has the other. He's been trained to wait till I say get in or out so he does not scratch the sill.

Not really a big dog I know but at least he can travel in the sti. The kids would have him on the back seat on a blanket but I don't like his breath in my ear all the time.

As for power figures etc and MPG....The engine to me seems the same as mine (and most of yours) with a few more tweaks. Gearbox also similar. Weight and size is comparable with mine overall so I'd expect mpg to be the same or slightly better than I get - check out my avatar for mpg figures if driven sensibly. I'm not sure what issue they have had with the box or motor but I suspect it has been on a few cars that have been abused on nasty fuel as opposed to enthusiastic use on decent fuel.

Once I've driven one I think I'd change on what I see so far. I'll just have to find a way to turn off (cut the wires or add a switch) to those silly day time lights.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Once I've driven one I think I'd change on what I see so far. I'll just have to find a way to turn off (cut the wires or add a switch) to those silly day time lights.
Nothing wrong with day time lights IMHO, I usually turn my lights on when it is cloudy, studies have shown that they reduce accidents.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts