Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2018 X3 M40i / 2016 X3 xDrive35i
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used this spoiler? I called the company as I was a bit confused as the Spoiler listed on Ebay is manufactured in house by this company who has 2 other company names (WT Spoiler and DAR spoiler). The ebay listing looks like the OE spoiler

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pre-Painte...er-FOR-2003-2008-SUBARU-FORESTER/173488793225

But the Spoiler on the DAR Spoilers website looks like an SF Forester's

https://www.bodykits.com/i-24227271...lers-oem-look-roof-wing-w-o-light-fg-104.html

The representative I spoke with said the SF Forester is the image they used to create their spoiler from for the SG, which is not at all the OE look for that model year. He says he's sold a ton of these so I'm hoping someone here has purchased one and can clarify which it is. I'm looking to go with their prepainted as well so any feedback you have on that would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1998 forester
111 Posts
Well, the title of the ebay listing does say "OE look" to insinuate the style, not an exact oem replica of the particular generation vehicle it's listed for. If I were looking for something like that and it's prepainted, I'd say it's a pretty good deal.

·
Super Moderator
2018 X3 M40i / 2016 X3 xDrive35i
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chiming back in to say that you get what you pay for. I ordered it, it was the correct design but the spoiler has several flaws including a pretty significant dip in the flap portion on top of the spoiler. The are some other less noticeable dents/dimples in the spoiler and a few minor paint flaws. The paint is a hair darker which is not unexpected given the age of the original paint fading slightly. Additionally the screws/bolts are low quality and just drilled directly into the fiberglass so I don't have confidence in the strength.

Sending it back.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts