Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT Lineartronic CVT
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night we got some snow. This morning everyone goes to work. This afternoon the plows come down the street creating what used to be a major barrier to entering the driveways on my street.

I come home and notice 2 of my neighbors (Lincoln MKZ, Dodge Charger) are stuck at the front of their driveways. So, I pull into mine with no effort, get out and help them dig out of their trenches.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 5MT
256 Posts
Not gonna lie I thoroughly enjoy purposely driving through the deeper parts of the snow on the road just because I can. I also like driving in the unplowed carpool lane because I can.

·
Registered
323 Posts
It's great until you get stuck being cocky haha.

Beware reversing in thick snow! I even have good winters but nothing can compete against high centering the car lol.

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.0XT Auto
105 Posts
It's great until you get stuck being cocky haha.

Beware reversing in thick snow! I even have good winters but nothing can compete against high centering the car lol.
That's what x-mode is for. about 3 weeks into my new forester and I'm still trying to get myself stuck in 1 foot of snow =( it's just not happening. I see all these other cars stuck and sliding around like sleds, nope not here. I really want to get stuck and try out x-mode lol

·
Registered
2007 none auto
64 Posts
That's what x-mode is for. about 3 weeks into my new forester and I'm still trying to get myself stuck in 1 foot of snow =( it's just not happening. I see all these other cars stuck and sliding around like sleds, nope not here. I really want to get stuck and try out x-mode lol
I don't care what one has.. If you get high centered, you ain't moving.

·
Registered
2014 Forester Premium 6M
106 Posts
Had the fun experience of getting Naomi stuck on some hardpack in my fiancees yard yesterday... luckily I didn't have to go anywhere, haha. It was on her advice that I tried to get onto her lawn and out of her driveway, so I made her do all the work of freeing the tires, salting, and shoving me out.

It's all fun and games until only two tires touch the ground.

·
Resident Coffee Addict
2012 X Premium 5 Speeds of AWESOMENESS
562 Posts
Yea, even with two cruddy tires, I haven't gotten stuck yet... And its funny, watching all these great big 4 wheel drives getting stuck, not being able to make it up my hill, and then me in my little Foz just going up it with no issue what so ever... HEHEHE!! But agreed, its all fun and games until one gets high centered...

·
Registered
2003 FXS Auto
107 Posts
For Valentines Day my wife and I went on a winery tour even though we had several inches of snow over night. At one point GPS sent directed us to several miles of un-plowed roads...never had a problem.

One of the most satisfying moments was waiting for an S class Benz to back down a road when they could not make it up the grade...as we passed them my said "you should have bought a Subaru". LOL!

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,698 Posts
When you get stuck in 4WF/AWD you are truly stuck..You ain't getting out without a lot of help.

·
Registered
'15 Forester XT Super CVT
150 Posts
Got stuck trying to reverse out of my driveway the other day =((. X-Mode didn't help either. Wife's 3 series (awd) did just fine though!!!

·
Registered
2007 none auto
64 Posts
Got stuck trying to reverse out of my driveway the other day =((. X-Mode didn't help either. Wife's 3 series (awd) did just fine though!!!
You might want to try the curb test... With the CVT Outback, it was fixed in '13 with a lower reverse gear.

·
Registered
2002 Forester L 5mt
246 Posts
A few years ago, my city had 3 blizzards in 4-5 weeks. I drove past all manner of stuck vehicles, 4x4s, cars and truck, (fire rigs and semis) and saw an H2 Hummer that had to be flatbedded away from whatever...but I don't recall driving past a stuck Subaru. In fact, another Forester owner gave me the big thumbs up when we passed each other, and I got around on BFG all-season tires that had been siped.

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
228 Posts
Love that word!

A couple times after a storm this winter I was like 'eh, screw shoveling - I gots a Fozzy!':Banane17:
Exactly. That hard packed snow from the plows that barricades the mouth of the driveway that's impossible to shovel through? Never shovel it anymore.

·
Registered
2018 2.0 FXT-Touring CVT
3,050 Posts
Love that word!

A couple times after a storm this winter I was like 'eh, screw shoveling - I gots a Fozzy!':Banane17:
Yea, except when it rains on top of that and it turns into a 10" wet mess that sticks to everything on top of ice. My Subarus didn't care, but the propane truck and it's driver weren't very happy. It me a lot of work to clear my monstrous driveway so that I could get some heat in the house.

Experiment over. I lost. Winter won!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts