Whiteline 20MM adjustable rear sway bar
Whiteline rear sway bar mount braces
Kartboy rear end links
Work Emotion XD9 18x8 +45
Continental DW 245/45 18 tires

Exterior

Rokblockz short mud flaps

Re-wired DRL's to fog lights

I've been around here for awhile. I first bought an SG XT 5 spd brand new in September '05. I just sold it in late 2013 and it was running better than ever after many years of upgrades including a vf43 setup. After I had my second kid, I realized the SG's back seat was not gonna work any more. Not wanting to jump into the newer SJ's and the unknown of the CVT, I decided to get my hands on a low mileage SH. Luckily, one of my good friends had ordered one with all the goodies less than a year ago and wanted to get into a wrangler. So Halloween weekend I bought his 2013 touring loaded with all the goodies including NAV, sunroof, sport grill, remote starter, tow hitch, everything with only 10K on it.

I've done some work already to tighten it up. Future plans include paddle shifters and then it will be on to power upgrades maybe later this year or next.

Here she is the day I picked her up:

The SH felt like a boat compared to the SG, so I decided to focus on the suspension first. I quickly learned the SH options were not as great as the SG. I fitted an SPT front strut tower bar, cheap and easy. When it came to lowering, the options were very few. Long story short, I decided to purchase some lowering springs from an Australian company called Pedders. More on that here: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f70/sh-specific-pedders-lowering-springs-304737/

At the same time I also decided to install a whiteline 20mm adjustable sway bar, whiteline sway bar mount braces and kartboy endlinks.

Stock suspension:

Pedders:

While I had been doing my suspension research, I had been keeping an eye out for rims that would fit my needs. Just as I was about to pull the trigger on some new Rotas, a used but basically mint set of silver Work Emotion XD9's popped up for sale locally. I snagged them and have been sitting on them waiting for this brutal winter to go away. Just had them installed with Continental DW's and new TPMS sensors this weekend.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5 XPremium 4EAT
863 Posts
I think your new wheels look very cool, great addition :icon_cool:

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lookin good. No center caps?
I haven't gotten them yet. I wanted to see the wheels on the car before I decided between silver or black. Work center caps are $125! What a ripoff...

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS 4EAT (sob)
431 Posts
Nice car you got there! :) So, wait, the Foresters only started having the CVT in 2014, correct? I've heard it's awesome for what it is, though.

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks! The XT's first year with the CVT was '14. Not sure about the NA version. I've only ever driven stick shift, this is my first auto car. I'm sure it's fine, but I feel more removed from the driving with a CVT. I also planned on modding the car, which is really the reason I drive Subarus (otherwise I'd probably be in something else). The 4EAT tranny is a well known part, as well as the 2.5 turbo motor. The '14's are breaking new ground. One day I'm sure they will probably be well supported, but I didn't want to be the guinea pig.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS 4EAT (sob)
431 Posts
Oh, yeah, true. I far prefer stick shift over automatic, but those aren't too easy to find nowadays, and none of the turbo Foresters since '09 have a manual transmission, either. When I eventually get out of school and have a real, well-paying job, any car I buy will probably be automatic, though, if I ever want to take it for light off-roading. :p

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Got a new goody coming in the in the mail. Told myself I was gonna hold back on this for awhile, but I stumbled on a deal I couldn't afford to pass up.

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^Nope. It says 2 day but was shipped USPS, so I don't trust that. I love getting parcels...

·
Registered
2011 turbotek tuned fxt 4eat paddle shift
3,539 Posts
Good to see you started a journal and if you ever need any info on what not to do you can always ask me lol.

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Good to see you started a journal and if you ever need any info on what not to do you can always ask me lol.
I definitely will be bugging you. Especially since my new goody just got delivered.

Accessport, the gateway drug...

1 - 20 of 259 Posts