Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
04 FSTi Manual
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered £120 of oil from Opie last week, they didn't get it dispatched soon enough for me to take delivery at home so I changed the delivery address to my work.

I got a couple of calls from FedEx yesterday and today and it seemed like my oil was travelling all over the West Midlands and arriving wherever I wasn't. Finally got it organised (or so I thought) to be left at the back of my house tomorrow.

20 minutes later, it arrived at my work. Thats when I realised that they had sent two orders, one to my home address, one to my work. They must have added a new order instead of just changing the address of the original one.

I gave it some thought and in the end phoned them up and told them, but the more I think about it the more I wished I had just kept quiet and see if they realised!

Oh well, it was my good deed for the day and it left me with a warm feeling inside.

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,788 Posts
The right thing to do

you now have the right to act smug, safe in the knowledge of a good deed done

it would have come to light in the end anyway and they would have charged you

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would have told them on the phone, as you did. But I wouldn't do anything except keep the package available for pickup from FedEx, with them handling all the hassle.

·
Yorkshireman, not a DUDE!
2011 Mitsi RA Sportback SST
2,966 Posts
I agree with Nich B on this one, but then I am 'old school of thought'. To put it in it's simplest terms, either you are honest or you are not ! Forget all the 'I ordered, I didn't order, this address, that address etc, etc' . Someone sent you something that wasn't yours to keep, simple !
Not everyone will agree with me but that's my twopennorth'

Cheers

Brian

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
Right thing to do plain and simple.
Keeping something that's not yours = stealing
Eventually they would have realized what happened and charged you, probably nothing more but they could if they wanted...

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,788 Posts
What goes around comes around, treat others how you want to be treated yourself, thats enough "moral theoriosing and preaching",

you did the right thing

·
Registered
1997 T/tb
511 Posts
You did the right thing for sure... Im sure it would have cought up with you when the month end accounts were sorted out.

just so you know Guy from Opie Oils, and the other people that work there read this forum. (and most of the other car forums)

·
Registered
1997 S/TB
245 Posts
Of course it was the right thing to do. The feeling you got alone should have told you that, not the opinion of several losers who happen to have the same car as you and have little better to do with their working day than trawl internet fora, but thanks for asking.:biggrin:

*runs for hills*
:mob:

·
Registered
04 FSTi Manual
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep, i'm definitely a believer in 'what goes around, comes around'

I run my own small business and hope that my clients would do the same for me if something similar happened.

Cheers for the support!

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,098 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if your honesty results in the supplier not collecting the second consignment, anyway. £120 retail vs the cost of sending a courier in to collect? Probably not worth the hassle...

·
Registered
04 FSTi Manual
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They were informed before the second package was delivered, its only because neither package could be signed for that I realised that there were two in the first place!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts