Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT Sport
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning a truck ramp fell off the back of a truck. My husband hit it in the WRX, no time or room to swerve. 2 wheels bent and chunked, 2 tires, exhaust hangers broker and alignment. Now we're trying to find a set of wheels to borrow from someone until the insurance gets done with what they're doing. Hopefully, it didn't damage anything else.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Touring (CDN) CVT
123 Posts
Owch! I take it doesn't look like any hub damage or anything? Hopefully it is just the wheels and hangers.

(and as always, remember to post pics when you get 'em!)

Glad to hear hubby's okay!

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
Thank goodness the ramp didn't bounce!

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT Sport
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have to get pics
He's lowered with coilovers, so I'm worried it nicked something else. He says there is no fluids leaking.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
The front suspension is probably @#$%ed. I tapped an angled curb that just rashed the entire edge of the wheel, and it eventually lead to the wheel bearing failing. Where was it actually hit, any images of the wrx afterward? If it was enough to damage the wheels and throw the alignment off, its likely the control arms are damaged, hub/wheelbearing/knuckle, tierods, struts etc. I'd have a trusted alignment shop go over it very closely as that sort of stuff usually ends up with annoying vibration and handling issues that can pop up much later.

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT Sport
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He's throwing some borrowed wheels on it so he could drive it to have the alignment/hubs/etc checked. one wheel is cracked, the other bent. USAA didn't want to pay for a flat bed tow (HA) so I told them it was that or they pay for a new center diff or they send a guy to hubs work. They chose the third one.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
USAA gave you gruff about the flat-bed? Really?

I request one when I call, and they never hesitate to send one. Even with my wife's old Passat (FWD), it blew the motor and I requested a flat-bed. They sent one no problem. I wonder if there are fewer tow companies with flat-beds out in OK...

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,964 Posts
It surprised me too. Flatbeds seem to be pretty much the norm nowdays.

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT Sport
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well we finally got wheels that would fit over the brakes (thanks Nick, but those others didn't clear). He's going to keep these on till he finds something else he likes.

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester XT Sport
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Suspension is all fine and good and now he's decided he's selling it. haha

I think he wants something he's not afraid to hurt.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts