Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.5X 5MT
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My original account we lost when we all had to reset our passwords a couple years back as I had changed ISPs, and my e-mail address listed here was one that is no longer. It was around or just before my Mom died, and the family was falling apart, so stuff like sorting out my account here was not real high on the priority list.. It's right here:

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.5X 5MT
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heya Bobby @2.5x_sleeper Thanks and it's good to be back. I've always enjoyed your posts and projects. Glad to see you still here. Was you the cat that made and sold the "Ball tugger" tool? That's a piece EVERY Subaru line mechanic should have in their arsenal. (Yes, I'm a tool-slut)

@Kevin - Thanks mate. I messaged @bbottomley about it and it was kicked up the chain just a day or two ago. Patience takes longer than 48 hours. :) I'd like to keep this new nic in either case. {shrug} I'm not real high maintenance though. I just roll with it most of the time. If no-one's trying to take what's mine, or doing anything to prevent me from breathing, hell, it's all good. :)

The only reason I'm really concerned with the merge is the fact that I'm a VERY poor soul living in the "salt belt." (Western NY. Think - "sometimes we get 5cm+ snow-fall per hour for 24 or more hours straight, so the solution is 10 or more cm of salt per hour from October 15th thru May 1st" lol) I need parts on a very slim budget, and having my original (2011) join date restored, as well as proof I have bought off the "Yard Sale / Parts" subforum before with zero issue may help sellers feel more comfortable knowing I pay quick and am easy to do business with. I think the only item I ever bought was a 03-04 XS steering rack from a regular seller that parts a car out her from time to time, but you know, something is better than nothing, right?

209,000+ on my 03 and still running like a top, even though it's had the "piston slap when cold" isue for over 100K mi. Letting your engine warm up even for 90-120 seconds before dropping it in gear and thrashing it pays dividends. I've NEVER been real gentle with my cars or motorcycles, but I rely on stuff that just does not break when properly maintained. I'd really like to make a little plow frame for my car, or the next one, because it's really NOT impractical to plow JUST one's own driveway with a Forester. Yeah, it's a LITTLE light, but with a set of Hankook Winter iPikes or the Nokian Hakkapeliitta's . . . . maaaaan . . . it'd be no problem to push a small blade that was easy to drop before leaving the house. 🤪

·
Administrator
12,044 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,975 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester 2.5X 5MT
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There really isn't an urgent rush on it. I am here, and this is far and away what's most important. When you say, "New Site," are you saying new since the hack of Yahoo's severs by the Nigerian Yahoo Boys a few years ago, and the upset that caused for userers using the same passwords elsewhere, (including her) or has there been a more recent move/change?

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,975 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts