Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,733 Posts
Must be Chrysler's new design for a car that actually gets decent mileage. And hey, there are now half as many things to go wrong! :icon_wink:

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
I have a feeling it wouldn't steer much at all. Would probably just fall forward. Also I don't see any suspension on the rear wheels, pretty sure its just a photoshop.
+1. Not sure what the rear wheels would be attached to, and where is the gas tank? Would be good for parking in the city though.

Stan

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,516 Posts
I forget what show I was watching, but whoever they were took a very standard car (ie Toyota Camry) and hacked the crap out of it removing almost everything. They took so much weight off that, if memory serves me right, it was doing 0-60 in under 6 secs.

^^^ that thing should haul ***!

·
Registered
1999 Forester
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I saw the same with a Nissan Sentra. They kept lightening it and running it in the 1/4 mile, it was great.

Stan
You mean this?

That was done as a joke article, based on a letter from some ricey kid who wanted to build his Sentra SE to beat his friend's SRT-4, but didn't have any money.

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,516 Posts
I saw the same with a Nissan Sentra. They kept lightening it and running it in the 1/4 mile, it was great.

Stan
You mean this?

That was done as a joke article, based on a letter from some ricey kid who wanted to build his Sentra SE to beat his friend's SRT-4, but didn't have any money.
^^^YES! That's what I was referring too.

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
It looks like the "comp cars" wyotech has.
They chop the back off, weld a straight axle right onto the end of the frame, slap a fuel cell on it, and take the hood off! I'd love to drive one, I've seen a few vids of people driving them, looks fun!

·
Registered
2014 CVT
826 Posts
we have clip cars at my school, pretty much they cut the rear off, and drop it on a frame, so we cant drive them, buttt when i was in high school my teacher did just that, but only put a caster on the rear of the car so when he went to hit the brakes he did a "bit" of a nose dive

1 - 19 of 19 Posts