Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

241 - 245 of 245 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT High-torque CVT
8 Posts
Oakland
2014 Silver FXT Touring. Currently with black-wrapped spoiler, grille, and bumper gap.

First automatic, and I'm trying *really* hard to convince myself I can live with it. :p

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
124 Posts
Oakland
2014 Silver FXT Touring. Currently with black-wrapped spoiler, grille, and bumper gap.

First automatic, and I'm trying *really* hard to convince myself I can live with it. :p
I'm in the same boat! I learned to drive in a giant station wagon back in the 70s, then turned around and got a Toyota Tercel with a manual transmission! I have mixed feelings about auto vs manual. I don't commute by car, but a lot of my driving is doing errands and the dramatic increase in traffic in the BA in the last three years has made doing errands a royal PITA with all the stop and go traffic. Last summer I started biking to do as many weekend errands as possible.

I my mere 230 miles thus far, I've only had a single "false clutch" moment in the Foz and no forgetting to use the clutch in the Civic.

Other than that, I'm really enjoying the Foz.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT High-torque CVT
8 Posts
Hah, nice! I haven’t had any false clutch moments and I’ve had this thing 3,000 miles, but it’s really weird not always knowing what gear I’m in. Paddle shifters are saving my sanity- I run it in auto, but flick the paddles for lane changes or such.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru Forester CVT
14 Posts
northern california, 2019 forester, rallitek lift and more fun on the way! glad to have found this place. lots of good info!

241 - 245 of 245 Posts