Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Forester 2.5 Touring CVT
185 Posts
K2UE here, just took delivery on a 2020 Forester Touring, our 10th Subaru. Originally licensed in 1959, got my dream job out of school designing commercial HF SSB gear in 1966. Retired in 2011 and use ham radio to keep in touch with friends from my working years all over the country. Installed the defeat for Auto-Start-Stop minutes after getting the car home!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Would really like to mount a TM-V71A in my 2020. I have the remote mount kit. I just can't find a spot to mount the radio face that works for me. Has anyone done this in a 19 or 20 yet I'd like to see some pics.
Thanks.
Jim - n0xxx

·
Registered
2019 Touring Forester CVT
43 Posts
That's the setup I have in my 2019. I opted for the gooseneck seat bolt mount. I mounted it on the passenger seat front left bolt. It stays out of the way and yet the mount is stiff enough to operate the buttons on the radio and there is minimal vibration! I put an external speaker in the cubby where the USB ports are. It works well for me.

·
Registered
2019 Touring Forester CVT
43 Posts
That's the setup I have in my 2019. I opted for the gooseneck seat bolt mount. I mounted it on the passenger seat front left bolt. It stays out of the way and yet the mount is stiff enough to operate the buttons on the radio and there is minimal vibration! I put an external speaker in the cubby where the USB ports are. It works well for me. View attachment 527010
Here's a source for the gooseneck mount:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTWE82M/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_Kjs6Db40WNVSN

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's the setup I have in my 2019. I opted for the gooseneck seat bolt mount. I mounted it on the passenger seat front left bolt. It stays out of the way and yet the mount is stiff enough to operate the buttons on the radio and there is minimal vibration! I put an external speaker in the cubby where the USB ports are. It works well for me. View attachment 527010
I considered the gooseneck mount. When looking at the photo, my OCD tells me where the mount attaches to the seat rail bolt, the rubber floormat is offset a little. Is that the case?
If the radio face and a small speaker would fit into the cubby, I wouldn't mind setting them in there. That way it would be somewhat discreet. I just have to research how to get the wires behind the cubby and come to grips with drilling a tiny hole in my new car to squeeze the rj11 plug through.

I just want this to be clean and well thought out.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts