Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked through the manual -- there IS a illustration and instructions indicating the existence of a change tray, but still I can't locate it. Now I'm starting to question my mental status.

06 Forester MT

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If they've kept things the same since '02, my change tray/cup thinger is to the left of the steering column, below the cruise control button. Not so much a tray as a hinged cup.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
Well.... if you have a left hand drive there is one infront of the shifter .. and one sorta by the fuse box.. at least in the older sf's.. you've got a newer one so maybe it changed

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,053 Posts
On the LHD cars the tray was by the drivers left knee just below the fog lamp / CC switches lower dash. From what I understand, the tray (which doubles as a fuse box cover) has been decontented to be just a fuse box cover. It can be retrofitted on though from what I understand. I'm sure a vendor here can supply the PN. It was supplied before. I'm not sure what year this started 05 or 06...

I found a quick pic with the little tray removed from a mod I did. This is the location

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2014 Impreza Ltd CVT
3,319 Posts
The Coin tray is $8.00 for either Grey or Beige. Just send a note to Subie Gal here and she can get it for you. :)

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,278 Posts
I put all my quarters in the ashtray since I don't smoke.... cigarettes. :)

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
1,932 Posts
ive got fuses in the coin tray,
coins in the door handle,
nothing in the ashtray.

·
Premium Member
2016 2.5i Premium CVT
909 Posts
I'm still surprised that Subaru doesn't offer other inserts without the annoying door in the "ashtray". I'd love to see a more usable pocket or and IPod holder.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5I - 6 Speed
985 Posts
Me too. You'd think with a Japanese car it would be a given. It must have been the GM influence. If GM can make Saab trade it's hatch for a trunk, they can make a Japanese mfg'r lose it's nooks and crannies! Don't get me wrong I like some GM products, they just lean to far to the cheap side.

Phil

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,459 Posts
I liked the little hinged compartments in the door armrests on the SF Foresters. That's something that should have been carried over to the SG models.

·
Registered
985 Posts
pleiad7 said:
I liked the little hinged compartments in the door armrests on the SF Foresters. That's something that should have been carried over to the SG models.
Yeah, those were cool. I forgot about those.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now that was a very positive response for my first posting. Thanks! Indeed, the manual indicated that the coin tray should be located at the fuse cover, but it appears the coin tray wasn't included in the 2006s at least. I can live with this since the ashtray isn't used for its intended purpose. So I'll just replace "ash" with "coin" and move on.

·
Registered
985 Posts
SKSTI said:
I put all my quarters in the ashtray since I don't smoke.... cigarettes. :)
Aah...a cigar smoker.

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
higgledy said:
Aah...a cigar smoker.
Let's hope so. I was used to the coin tray in front of the fuse box in my 02 Impreza. I almost ripped the dash off trying to "open" the coin tray in my 06 XT.

I just have to use the ash tray. Does SubieGal have the tray to replace the fuse box cover?

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,053 Posts
I keep the cleaning cloth to my sunglasses in the ashtray and change in the hatch tray for the fuse box. I lined it with some rubber grippy stuff to keep things from rattling, that drives me crazy.

AFAIK any of our OEM vendors here can get the hatch. I'd double check if the fuse map is the same just to be sure though ;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
pleiad7 said:
But are prone to rattling!

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,441 Posts
If I ever have any problems with rattling I'll just put a little piece of rubbery foam in an area where the plastic contacts plastic...

I found they are quite handy for hiding packs of gum~

I use my "ash" tray for my coins.. kinda nice because it slides all the way out for easy access

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,459 Posts
The ashtray also makes for a good cell phone holder.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I use my ashtray to hold my remote to my new stereo. :)

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited 4EAT Sport Shift
1,461 Posts
sksti-
And you probably don't leave...butts either...;>}
-Quick

1 - 20 of 66 Posts