Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife recently went to our dealer to have an engine light checked on our 2002 Subaru Forester. They found nothing and reset the codes. Shortly thereafter, I had trouble filling fuel tank resulting from a problem with the vapor recovery system. Prior to taking it back to the dealer, I checked near the right rear tire and found a lockwrench firmly attached to the EVAP canister hose. After its removal, the tank could be filled with no trouble, and the check engine light off. My question is why was a wrench attached to that hose, or am I just completely naive about trusting my dealership?

·
Registered
09 XT
448 Posts
your first code was probably an evap leak related code (the CEL dosen't come on for "nothing") and they may have been trying to locate the leak by clamping off hoses... and then they forgot to remove the vise grips

a little sloppy but probably an honest mistake.

welcome to the site!!!

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,071 Posts
Better than the screwdriver a dealership left in my friends engine compartment. It managed to hit the fan and stab the radiator.

Good thing you found it though, it might have driven you crazy :)

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
We had the westy delivered home from a shop with a fuel pressure gauge left in the engine compartment.. I returned it b/c I'm that kindof guy. :biggrin:
(actually my wife makes me that kindof guy)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts