Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

201 - 220 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Has anyone else seen this, either directly or through the Facebook group?

www.iowscoobfest.co.uk
05-07 July 2019

The website is a bit sparse - I imagine most of the details are on Facebook, but I'm not a member so I've no idea of the popularity levels or the real nature of the meet.
I imagine it's likely to be 95% Imprezas though, and no doubt a noticeable element of competition (read into that however you like) amongst them.

But on the offchance it might be good...?

·
Registered
328 Posts
The Meet List (FSTi & Others)

What exactly would you do there?

Look at cars. Wooo....that’s 45 mins done.

Take a drive around the island. Wooo...only three or so roads where national speed limit permits. Rest is 30 mph. That’s another 45 mins done....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
As our events organiser I think you should book a club stand
No thanks - there's nothing more deflating than organising something for countless people who say yes to the idea, and then go dark when it comes to parting with money or turning up on the day. Done it before, several times - won't do it again.

I've never understood the mentality of people who want others to go to the trouble of doing everything for them, and then can't even go to the trouble themselves of turning up.

What exactly would you there?
Look at cars. Wooo....that’s 45 mins done.
Take a drive around the island. Wooo...only three or so roads where national speed limit permits. Rest is 30 mph. That’s another 45 mins done....
I've no idea what you'd do - but as it has been pointed out before, there is a dearth of meets for UK people, so I thought it was worth an ask, only to see if anyone else had learned of it, read up on it, or was thinking about it. So far, I'd say the answers were no, no and no.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I thought we were organising a prodrive meet for 2019? I’m defo up for that.

I understand what your saying about organising a do. Best thing to do is set a time and date. Let it be known to all and I’m sure some will turn up.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Goodwoods breakfast meet lists are up. On the 3rd March it’s Estate car Sunday. I’ve registered to attend. Would be great if we can get a bunch of us....?

It’s free to attend and enter. All you need to do is register.

Thoughts?

201 - 220 of 257 Posts
About this Discussion
256 Replies
68 Participants
fpan
Subaru Forester Owners Forum
We’re the best Subaru Forester Owners Forum to talk about the best years of the Subaru Forester, modifications and reliability history of the Subaru Forester.
Full Forum Listing