229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fully paid up member this month

Whiteline 20mm rear ARB and Heavy duty brackets, total cost £60 :icon_wink:

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
Worried i'd beat you on the twisty bits eh?

·
Registered
2007 2.5 XTEn
66 Posts
Looks good, let us know if they work, bye the way did you spot any more bodges after the clutch replacement?

·
Registered
2000 s-turbo
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it works, turns in much faster, reduced understeer and no ill side effects, well worth the money. :rock:

I've sorted all the bits and bobs related to the clutch change, it didn't take long but still a pain I had to finish the job for them.

In no particular order:-

1, Removed oil from carpet, seriously how much do paper floor mats cost?

2, Fitted spring washers to both lower ball joints, they'ed broken the split pins and left the nuts with no securing device. It's an MOT failure and down right dangerous.

3, Replaced the missing bolt for the exhaust downpipe bracket. (It bolts to the gearbox)

4, Re-fitted a cross threaded bolt on the gearbox mounting. I loosened all four bolts, gave it a shake and it screwd straight in.

5, Re-fitted a bolt on the bell housing, it had bottomed out, so I guess there's a short one in the wrong place too. I've just put some extra washers on to space it out, a bit ghetto but hay ho.

6, Washed off all the gearbox oil from in and around the turbo heat shields, spilling a bit of oil when topping up the box I can accept but this looked like it had been poured on.

7, Removed the gearbox undershield, for one it was full of spilt oil and second the hanging brackets are now broken and it was held on with tie wraps.

So after all that, it runs great and handles better than ever :biggrin:

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
LOL, WL rear ARB is my next upgrade, rear still not stiff enough on a 19mm STi part!

Simon

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
LMAO...

The droplinks will be the next £60 I guess!

Simon

·
Registered
2000 s-turbo
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I bought it all from Demon tweeks (Ebay shop) a few weeks ago, I've had a quick look on both sites and now can't find them :shrug:.

It was a real bargain too, ARB RRP £110, I paid £50 and the brackets RRP is £90, I paid £30 :biggrin:

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,572 Posts
Are the droplinks vertical or angled with the new ARB?
I remember XT666 had problems after upgrading the rear ARB that the droplinks were sitting at an angle (the same was the case in my previous WRX wagon with the front ARB and that's why I had to fit rose jointed drop links.

·
Registered
2000 s-turbo
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are the droplinks vertical or angled with the new ARB?
I remember XT666 had problems after upgrading the rear ARB that the droplinks were sitting at an angle (the same was the case in my previous WRX wagon with the front ARB and that's why I had to fit rose jointed drop links.
They fit fine

I note from the chart it states "non-turbo" but would non-turbo 22mm ARB not be absolutely fine for Turbo???

Subaru Legacy Specific Clearance Parts | Subaru | Demon Tweeks Motorsport, Motorcycle, Car Modifying, Parts and Accessories,Sparco, Arai
You've linked to Legacy products I think they're different

·
Registered
2001 S Turbo Auto
488 Posts
item descriptions in table also says "Forester SF" as well. Confusing, eh?!

you ought to do the ARB links as well now Guiness, get rid of even more flexing :)

I am well jealous of that set up at that price! Nice one!

·
Registered
2000 s-turbo
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
1 - 16 of 16 Posts