Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

The last thread on seatbelt chimes! (merged thread)

(All Years) 
360K views 388 replies 236 participants last post by  tennlabs 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I hate that annoying beeping. I did the 20 click thing and it certainly helped but I wasn't satisfied. The chime comes on almost before you can get your seatbelt on!!! I don't need a chime to remind me to wear my seltbelt. Here's how to end it forever and it takes a minute. If you pull down the rubber on the seatbelt you'll notice two sets of wires going to the seatbelt. They both travel in the same housing from the seatbelt to under the seat where it splits in two. One goes to a yellow clip (which I think has something to do with airbag/seatbelt tensioner ???). The othe is a white clip with yellow ends and that simply controls the seatbelt light and and chime. It's as easy as unclipping a clip and NO MORE DING< DING< DING!!!! Enjoy......

Here is the split of the wire housing into two under the seat.

Here is the yellow connector for saftey devices. And the sinister connector in the background.

Here she is!!!!! Disconnect it and enjoy peace and quiet!!

► Edit - moderator's note - the images on this post are not recoverable. :frown:

Bobby...

See less See more
#10 ·
I'm thinking of a different chiming problem. My problem is with the open door chime while the key is in the ACC position. I frequently leave my door open so I can hear the music while loading the car and/or getting ready for snowboarding. Is there any way to disable that chime?

-Brian

#11 ·
Well, I had to do exactly that to my car... and for the same reason. Plus, once in a while I find myself sitting on some random street, at night, and smoki- err doing things that, well, aren't exactly legal :N_poke: ... and whenever I'd open my door my dome light would come on (my wife always turns it to the door position when I turn it off) and needless to say that can be a huge 'bust'.

Simply open up your door, and look for the black rubber coated pressure switch near the door latch on the body of the car. One screw... take it off. Disconnect the wire (or wires, doesn't matter really) and no more ding!

Of course it will also affect your door ajar indicator for the driver door, but I always know when it hasn't closed all of the way so it isn't a problem for me. If it turns out to be a problem, just reconnect it!

:discomonkey:

#21 ·
Okay, So I just attempted to do this mod and was unable to. Firstly, the underside of my driver seat looks different. This is probably because I don't have power seats. There are 3 plugs that are in a line, right next to each other. It appears that the middle plug is the "white with yellow" plug.

So for whatever reason I couldn't figure out how to disconnect it. It appears to be a different style plug than the one that is pictured above. So now I'm stuck, and am not sure what to do.

Should I just unbolt the seat and go about it that way? Or try and figure how to unplug it without taking the seat off?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

#22 ·
Great info! This HAS BEEN DRIVING ME BONKERZ!! I'll agree with others that say, "I don't need a chime to remind me to buckle up."

I'll will be taking care of this either when my butt is out of my computer chair or in the morning, whichever comes first, lol!

#26 ·
I did the mod for my seatbelt chime this weekend and sweet silence is all I hear now. Unbolting the seat helped but after doing in it isn't 'neccessary', just easier to see the clip. It should be easy to see and unclip if you push the driver seat all the way back and peek under there. It's the only white one under there and if you give it a squeeze it should come out.

#27 ·
Hey So you're saying if I Push my Drivers Seat all the way back, that the White Clip is on the backside? So then I should be able to find it much easier??

but if the seat is pushed back all the way isn't it hard to get under/look under the seat??

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.