Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

341 - 350 of 350 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hate that annoying beeping. I did the 20 click thing and it certainly helped but I wasn't satisfied. The chime comes on almost before you can get your seatbelt on!!! I don't need a chime to remind me to wear my seltbelt. Here's how to end it forever and it takes a minute. If you pull down the rubber on the seatbelt you'll notice two sets of wires going to the seatbelt. They both travel in the same housing from the seatbelt to under the seat where it splits in two. One goes to a yellow clip (which I think has something to do with airbag/seatbelt tensioner ???). The othe is a white clip with yellow ends and that simply controls the seatbelt light and and chime. It's as easy as unclipping a clip and NO MORE DING< DING< DING!!!! Enjoy......

Here is the split of the wire housing into two under the seat.

Here is the yellow connector for saftey devices. And the sinister connector in the background.

Here she is!!!!! Disconnect it and enjoy peace and quiet!!
i just found the black box half way down the steering column pulled it apart and unsolded the speaker inside and throu it out.. problem solved...

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
17 Posts
Can someone post a link to this 20-click method please. Does this work on those w/o a key. I have the push to start 2014 FXT.

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Forester
10 Posts
So, what was the final verdict on the 2018 Forester? Did Subaru disable the 20-click method for this year only, or not?

I also have a basic 2.5i without EyeSight, but the clicking doesn’t seem to work for me. The icon is still flashing on my dash. Need to know if I’m doing something wrong, or wasting my time.

Much obliged to any Subaru Court Justice who can hand down a ruling. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Last fall, right after I got my '19 Forester, I found this thread and used the 20 clicks to turn off the chimes. Great! Then (!) ... this spring I left the rear gate open and my battery went dead. When it was charged and the car running again, the chimes were back. Now, the 20 clicks do NOT turn off the chimes!! Argghh!! I wonder if there is some master reset that I can do to get back?

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Forester
10 Posts
Yeah, but a few pages back in this thread, there was some discussion about it specifically not working with the 2018 Forester, with one comment even saying Subaru supposedly disabled the ability.

Then, there was someone with the same basic 2018 model that I have, who claimed it worked for him. I just needed a final verdict on what’s going on with 2018’s. That way, I can at least be sure my failed attempts (3 so far) are my fault and not a complete waste of time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hate that annoying beeping. I did the 20 click thing and it certainly helped but I wasn't satisfied. The chime comes on almost before you can get your seatbelt on!!! I don't need a chime to remind me to wear my seltbelt. Here's how to end it forever and it takes a minute. If you pull down the rubber on the seatbelt you'll notice two sets of wires going to the seatbelt. They both travel in the same housing from the seatbelt to under the seat where it splits in two. One goes to a yellow clip (which I think has something to do with airbag/seatbelt tensioner ???). The othe is a white clip with yellow ends and that simply controls the seatbelt light and and chime. It's as easy as unclipping a clip and NO MORE DING< DING< DING!!!! Enjoy......

Here is the split of the wire housing into two under the seat.

Here is the yellow connector for saftey devices. And the sinister connector in the background.

Here she is!!!!! Disconnect it and enjoy peace and quiet!!
Yes, I agree. It can be maddening. We all know we need to buckle up. There are times that it isnt possible ......injury causing limited motion .

341 - 350 of 350 Posts