Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 MY03 XS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought it was time I documented the story of my Foz so far here.

I bought it back in March of 2006 from a local dealer, a 2002 MY03 XS Auto, with 27k kms on the clock.

We got the dealer to chuck in a cargo barrier, which we had fitted shortly after, and also added some other creature comforts, and did an alarm upgrade.

Since then, I've upgraded the rear sway bar to a Whiteline 22mm adjustable and got a set of the PMD strengtheners to accompany it. I also picked up a second hand set of the gas bonnet struts. I then got a second hand pair of the factory tweeters. I also ordered a stainless rear step from Japanparts.

4 pot goodness was achieved in November '08, and well worth the wait!

And I'd be lucky to fit a sheet of paper between the rims, going for '04 XT wheels for the stock look, and the calipers. Looks like it was meant to be there. :D

Then in May of '09:
STi Alternator Shroud
and
Phat as Customs Radiator Shroud

Fire Extinguisher and bracket at front passenger seat

and JDM OEM AV input

September of '09 saw a change to the rear lights.

Before. :)

After. :D

Then in October of '09, with the help of my fellow OzFozers, Sackster, and bubba, she received some new suspension components, consisting of a set of new Tein S-Tech springs for the SG Foz, and new KYB Excel-G struts to replace the rear self levellers.

Before

After

·
Registered
2002 MY03 XS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Congrats on startin your mod journal! Its startin to look real good :D
Thanks!:Banane35:

Anyone with a knowledge of Foz's would pick it for the Frankenstein it's become.:icon_biggrin:

Those familiar with [url="http://www.ozfoz.com]OzFoz[/url] are probably already familiar with the story so far.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,700 Posts
Great start on your Member Journal! I've always loved that color Forester. :cool:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2002 MY03 XS
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought it was time I put up another update here.

I recently got 17 x 7.5 Matt Graphit Silver OZ Racing Ultraleggera wheels.

Here's a couple of pics from our track day at the OzFoz annual rally earlier this month.

It was very addictive, and there has been talk ever since of scheduling another track day soon. Looking forward to it!

I also got the car tuned at Pulse Racing, mainly to try to get the best out of it, not concerned with figures as such.

I've got to say that I'm happy with the difference in drivability afterwards.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts