Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
aka Tunergirl
2007 Forester STI 6 Speed /R180
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
April 13, 2010. We started out looking for a used Forester. After looking at 2 different used models, we realized that we would not be happy driving someone else's old smelly car. Our local dealer was expecting a shipment of new 2010 models in, 1 of which was a Red Special Edition model. We got the call that the new cars had arrived and hurried up to have a look. The red color was nice, but the SE model looked bare compared to the Premium. So, we took the Sage Green Premium out for a 3 hour test drive (actually, it was like 15 miles, we went to the movies) and talked it over during the down time.

A few text messages (during the movie) and a phone call afterwards, the salesman had the paperwork running for our new Forester. The rest is what you see below. I will keep this updated, but the plans for mods are very small. Window tint, tow hitch, maybe OEM tweeters and maybe a few odds and ends along the way.

Here are the photos on the Dealership lot parked next to the FSXT.

And while we were their, Brian's mom stopped by with her 2010 Impreza.

·
aka Tunergirl
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Justin at Joseph Subaru picked her up and then returned her today with fresh window tint. The front doors, windshield and sunroof were tinted.

General photos of the interior, engine bay etc.

And the 2 Foz's tucked away in the garage

·
aka Tunergirl
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Swaying less in the 2010 ForesterX

After driving the 2010x and then driving our FSXT, it was apparent that the 10 needs some help in the sway area. A call to Turn in Concepts helped with this issue. Tony at TiC made us a killer deal on a Whiteline 20mm RSB non adjustable.

Measurements of the 2 sways. The oem piece is a weak 16mm. Yes, 16mm.

The Whiteline is 20mm.

Stock sway in place.

Removing the RSB was as easy as 6 bolts

Remove the 2 shown here(on each side)

And remove this bolt(on each side)

I installed the Whiteline with the letters correct side up to notice that it will rub the exhaust. A quick review of the stock photos showed the bar needed to be flipped.

My impression is good. I think the rear end feel more planted with less rear roll. The front needs a 22mm but that will wait for a few miles.

Total time for Tuned200 and myself. 15 mins max.

·
aka Tunergirl
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
ah crud, no pics yet.....it is tomorrow on the East coast already! hehe.

·
aka Tunergirl
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Car looks awesome!
LOL, thanks

Congrats on the second fozzie guys.
I know Brian had been looking for something, and then selling the LGT was all the motivation you guys needed to pull the trigger eh?
We looked at an 03 and a 06. Both were also 4eat models. The 03 had engine tick noise, and the 06 smelled worse than a bar ashtray. So since we could not find anything clean used, new was the way we went.

ah crud, no pics yet.....it is tomorrow on the East coast already! hehe.
It is, uploading them now.:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
2006 Impreza WRX with PPP Manual of course! ;-)
1,522 Posts
The 07 is on swifts and small WRX size tires. But yes, the SH is a tad larger...
Even as standard I think they're huge! I parked next to one at the supermarket the other week and was really surprised, it'd never fit in my garage... oh well... :icon_wink:

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Even as standard I think they're huge! I parked next to one at the supermarket the other week and was really surprised, it'd never fit in my garage... oh well... :icon_wink:
You are correct. It is larger. But it rides so nice compared to the FSXT....I am ready to go driving it around.

1 - 20 of 220 Posts