Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

81 - 100 of 3202 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
This is the spot for the install of a set of OEM HID lights. We sourced the light from dudertomny and they are flawless. The light output is 100x better than standard bulbs, and the highbeams really do shine.

The install is straigh forward, minus the level switch as the us models do not have the wiring for this. I am hoping to one day make a harness for this.

The HID assemblies are a direct bolt in and replace the complete factory headlamp units. They plug into the factory wiring and work like normal headlamps but shine better.

I will update this post if I ever pull the front bumper cover off and take photos.

The link below shows the OEM HID lights painted and a LED strip added.

http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/f104/i-did-unthinkable-67291/

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
And I must say its a nice improvement over the home depot lip. We(Ringer and I) spent more time getting the HD lips and 3M tape off than we did bolting the Ravspec unit up.

It needs a little bit of adjusting to fill the gaps but overall for the price, its seems like a good deal.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
What work was necessary to mount the MY08 STI tmic ? Did you reuse the XT BOV and piping ?

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
Yes, the stock BOV and piping works fine. You can use the dr side bracket as well. I added 3/8 inch or so to my bracket and "cocked it" to where my tmic sits angled.

Can you post pics of that custom work ? Your old pics don't exist anymore. Thnx. I just bougth an 08 STi TMIC.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
I prefer the video of you driving on teh road TO the track.

Also, love the exhaust sound. Damn sweet.
I wish I had the stock clearance and wheels for the drive up, but they would have killed the on track performance.:biggrin:

81 - 100 of 3202 Posts