Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

901 - 920 of 3202 Posts

·
aka Tunergirl
2007 Forester STI 6 Speed /R180
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #902
No rubbing. Brian said we could even clear the D specs without the 3mm spacers but he left them on the rear. To go lower it might require camber plates front and rear.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Stopped by TiC yesterday to talk shop and discuss the potential of the set up. In order to go lower we will need;

coil overs with camber plates
RCE springs with camber plates

None of the options above are cheap so it will have to make due for now.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
DPKilty was kind enough to swap me coolant tanks. From everything I have read online most everyone says the plastic tank is better but no one says why. So with that I agreed to swap tank and have his old/ our new one powder coated. A stop over to my buddies house and a day later I have this.

Not bad for $25 for the coating + the cost of stainless bolts and return shipping.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
As if you could not tell in the above photo but the above photo contains half of the hella horn harness I made. The other half of the harness comes from the battery and goes to the relay.

Here is its own photo.

Edit, another shot of the harness.

·
aka Tunergirl
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #907
Less than 2,000 views to go until we hit the big 100,000 mark! I would like to thank everyone who has helped us with this build and offered advice. This has been a great experience.

·
Registered
2006 XT Limited 4EAT
4,793 Posts
What exactly is happening with that harness? Are the hella horns grounded remotely?

Also what's the doo-dad just left of your fuse box support? Are those your horn/light relays?

Foz is looking great as always. Coolant tank looks racecar. :cool:

·
aka Tunergirl
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #909
What exactly is happening with that harness? Are the hella horns grounded remotely?

The horns are powered and grounded remotely as for whatever reason they did not like the ground thru the mounting bolt.

Also what's the doo-dad just left of your fuse box support? Are those your horn/light relays?

That is the Defi Boost gauge sensor.

Foz is looking great as always. Coolant tank looks racecar. :cool:
Thanks!:biggrin:

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
The wheel well clips are easy. Remove the lower clips and free up the fender liner on the bottom and then slide it free and unclip it from the cover but do not remove it. Then reach into the fender and unclip those suckers.

Exhaust is out for delivery.

901 - 920 of 3202 Posts