Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

541 - 560 of 3202 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Thanks Bobby. Everyone who saw the lights on our Tail of the Dragon meet loved them. They are now correctly adjusted and work as good as the high beams. Next up is to figure out the wiring to allow me to run them with the high beams too!

Wheels...we have been discussing upgrading the wheels for a long time. I may have found a good deal on wheels so we will see.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
Thanks Bobby. Everyone who saw the lights on our Tail of the Dragon meet loved them. They are now correctly adjusted and work as good as the high beams. Next up is to figure out the wiring to allow me to run them with the high beams too!

Wheels...we have been discussing upgrading the wheels for a long time. I may have found a good deal on wheels so we will see.
They do look good Tuned. A couple of relays and you can have them on by themselves or with the high beams.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
They do look good Tuned. A couple of relays and you can have them on by themselves or with the high beams.
Thank you sir. Any suggestion for relays? The lights themselves cames with relays and a switch but I want to keep the control of them as they are now through the oem wiring. Is there a fog light jumper wire mod?

hows the light output through the grill? I have been thinking about something like this as a cheap fun project.
Very good now they are aimed correctly. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2006 Forester auto
73 Posts
My wife has an 06 in the same color, we plan on doing many of the same mods to her car. Thanks for the reference point lol. The car looks very sleek, nice work.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Very true with driving lights; too high and you'll illuminate trees and too low you end up with little brights spots on the pavement in front of the car!

I've found mine to be especially useful on long, flat stretches of the highway.
I agree with the above. They add a ton of lighting up high and my OEM HID's add ample lighting down low.

Did you get the ones you were looking at in Gatlinburg, or something else?
Yup, going to go with what we discussed earlier via text message.

My wife has an 06 in the same color, we plan on doing many of the same mods to her car. Thanks for the reference point lol. The car looks very sleek, nice work.
Thank you for looking. Be sure to check back over the upcoming weeks as I have a whole shelf of parts to install :biggrin:

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Spied some pics in the aggressive wheels thread. :cool: Me likey very much.
Dang after doing some more looking, they look like the ones from TiC's 04XT. Good looking wheels though.
Good eye but they do not fit and they were just a test fit to check offsets. Tony from TiC owns those and they are 18x9.5+38 and wont clear the rear struts.

Im looking at ways to make a 9.5 fit...:biggrin:

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Not to spill the beans but Pam made a comment and I jumped at the offer. she said something along the lines of "why are you buying used struts and not new?" Remington found me a steal on GR2's so I will be rocking them along with the other suspension goodies.

Remington, the trailing arm bushings are pretty easy. Its the lateral link bolts that suck!

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester XT Sports
1,705 Posts
I hadn't looked on here for a while, just noticing the driving lights! I am glad everything worked out well!

Looks great! We will have to organize a Forester meet somewhere around Cincy or Ohio somewhere. Or if I ever head out that way I will give you a shout.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
I hadn't looked on here for a while, just noticing the driving lights! I am glad everything worked out well!

Looks great! We will have to organize a Forester meet somewhere around Cincy or Ohio somewhere. Or if I ever head out that way I will give you a shout.
Thanks Mike!

The lights are amazing! The fit and finish of the bar is 2nd to none as well.

Update time. Rear suspension bushing are 100% completed and replaced. After what I would guess to be around 8 hours worth of sweating my donkey off they are done. Anti-seized and greased up and read to go. Next up is the front control arm bushing and steering rack bushings followed by swapping the struts and springs, installing the new wheels and get an alignment! Busy busy!:chair:

541 - 560 of 3202 Posts