Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

501 - 520 of 3202 Posts

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Last week I set out to add my newly acquired aluminum internal light bar. In order to use this product I would have to either remove or relocate my B&M super cooler external trans cooler. Rather than removing it or replacing it I decided to relocate it. After around $50 in new hoses and fittings it all fits nicely and I have room for the internal light bar.

Here is the link to my old mounting location for the external trans cooler.

Onto the photos

Here are a few showing the test fitting of the trans cooler. I really think after doing this that I would have been better off to just buy a smaller cooler...:biggrin:

Note the placement of the light bar.

Bumper beam attached and hoses ran.

I also modded the trans cooler to fit better by removing one end of the metal 90 degree angle. It not rests on the bottom of the radiator support. I added foam to the edge of the support and to the rear of the bottom section of the B&M to protect the AC condenser from any possible running.

Bumper skin and grille attached and car put back together.

·
Registered
2006 XT Limited 4EAT
4,793 Posts
Excellent work on the dash wrapping! Looks like a pro did this!

I hate to sound like a poser, but I've been planning for quite a while now to do basically this same mod. I just got a new headunit and it looks miserable IMO against the stock silver console. Anyway, seeing your work inspired me to get the ball rolling and order some wrap (I've even sourced the elusive JDM hazard switch :biggrin:). I'll be happy to have my project look half as good as yours though.

Quick question though. How did you get the vents and A/C knobs out of the upper trim? I'm sure it's easy but I can't quite figure it out. If you have a pic of this step, I would be very appreciative.

·
Registered
08 fxt
451 Posts
It has a carbon lip? Guess I didn't notice it before. Looks great.
This thing is just so clean and sorted, good job.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
It has a carbon lip? Guess I didn't notice it before. Looks great.
This thing is just so clean and sorted, good job.
Thank you. My wife did most of the organizing and then showed me how to permalink so I can help her keep it up to date.

The lip is a ravspeconline.com carbon lip for the 07-08 sports/sti front bumper. They are currently discontinued. I added authentic sti logo to it for a finished look.

Next up are kartboy rear end link and hella 500ff off-road lights behind the grille. Then its save for a 6 speed conversion.

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
2006 XT Limited 4EAT
4,793 Posts
It is actually pretty easy. Once you lay the material out cut the openings for the knobs out in straight lines so your material flaps towards the inside of the hole.....

Let me take a photo. My instructions are confusing me. Lol.
Okay, that makes sense. How do you detach the vents and knobs from the console so that you have the holes to "flap the wrap" into?

(BTW let me know if you'd rather discuss in your console wrap thread. I don't want to pollute your journal.)

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Okay, that makes sense. How do you detach the vents and knobs from the console so that you have the holes to "flap the wrap" into?

(BTW let me know if you'd rather discuss in your console wrap thread. I don't want to pollute your journal.)
Yes I did. I have the auto controls so it was as easy as 4 screws. We can discuss it here:biggrin:

·
Registered
2006 XT Limited 4EAT
4,793 Posts
Yes I did. I have the auto controls so it was as easy as 4 screws. We can discuss it here:biggrin:
Okay great, sounds like it's just some screws. Same for the vents I suppose?

I'll probably have more questions once my parts get here... Thanks for now, and again, yours looks awesome!

501 - 520 of 3202 Posts