Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

461 - 480 of 3202 Posts

·
aka Tunergirl
2007 Forester STI 6 Speed /R180
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #462
New owner question (sorry if this has already been asked, but i was unable to find it in your build thread), the sti cat back exhaust in your early picture... is the STI tip a custom piece, is it a part of the sti cat back, or did you purchase separately?

Thanks!
-Seamus
Comes with every sti axleback as standard issue.

That's a 350z in case you guys were interested.

Tony
I also thought it was from a Subaru but the Z on the carpet makes me think its from a 350/370Z.
Tony, I think Brian said that:biggrin:

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Update, with a photo. I finally finished putting the dash together. This was a huge pita since I added navi, usb for ipod and rca and remote cables for an amp install on a later date. Here is a daytime camera phone photo of the dash with the gauges on.

More to come once I finish everything up....Stay TUNED!

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
WHOA!

at first I didn't know where you were going with the recessed gauges and plexi in front, but tinted like that with the CF wrap that looks AMAZING!!!! Well done.
Thank you. I will attempt to get a couple better photos showing the whole dash with the STI shifter surround and the top mounted touch screen radio.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5MT
2,361 Posts
Looked like good times. Makes me wish I would have went. Although it would have been the first detail job for the suby since I bought it. :icon_eek::shake:

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Looked like good times. Makes me wish I would have went. Although it would have been the first detail job for the suby since I bought it. :icon_eek::shake:
This was the 1st time the goose has been detailed since we bought her back in Dec 2007...other than a hood wax and basic car washes.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
And here is the attempt at making my own ash tray bezel.

It started with a piece of .030 material.

And then it ended up like this. I plan to remake it as its slightly crocked. The pic shows a weird shadow and makes it look worse than it is.

I also installed my DVD kill switch and airbag indicator lights in this panel.

461 - 480 of 3202 Posts