Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

421 - 440 of 3202 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
You know what you should do....black out the cover just enough so you can't see the gauges, then when the gauges turn on you see them through the cover. Same thing defi is doing with those gauges. That would look badass.

Tony

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
You know what you should do....black out the cover just enough so you can't see the gauges, then when the gauges turn on you see them through the cover. Same thing defi is doing with those gauges. That would look badass.

Tony
Im actually like this idea. I am planning to inquire above a dark piece and ditching the idea of flip open access. I will mount the controller where the ashtray goes instead.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
You are most likely correct, but Im worried about taking too much material off. I will continue this project over the weekend. Good news is that Im on nights and we can share Pam's forester.

My Defi Boost gauge arrived today so hopefully I will beable to get the gauge install finished by the weekend.

·
Registered
08 fxt
451 Posts
You're running 225/50/17 on those wrx wheels correct?
Did you use spacers?
Did the rears rub?

Sorry if its been posted already, I'm on a work computer and don't seem to see that info.

They look great, and I picked up a set and need to decide on what tires to get and what will fit.

Thanx

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
You're running 225/50/17 on those wrx wheels correct?
Did you use spacers?
Did the rears rub?

Sorry if its been posted already, I'm on a work computer and don't seem to see that info.

They look great, and I picked up a set and need to decide on what tires to get and what will fit.

Thanx
No rubbing that I am aware of, and no spacers used either. I am on stock struts with swift springs.

·
Registered
08 fxt
451 Posts
That's great. Thanx for the info :)

Regarding the header: do not bore it out exactly to gasket. It will be too thin and reliability will be compromised.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Yesterday I spent a few hours working on getting my FXT running again. All I needed to do was install a header. I picked up the STI oem header since its an upgrade and was already tapped for an EGT. Below are comparison photos of the STI header and oem.

FXT on left-------STI on right

Since I was not given the sTI heat shields, I went to work making my FXT heat shields fit.

Then I added a hole in the left side shields for the EGT bung,

This next photo shows the difference in the STI and FXT pipes. I hear the crossover tube is also different and I didnt think to check it.

FST on the left, STI on the right
Its installed and running. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
Today I ordered the extension cable for the EGT, which will be in monday...Bad news is the FXT is in pieces...lots of them. No Steering wheel, no tmic...lots of parts everywhere. The reason to pull the steering wheel was to remove the oem boost gauge and steering column cover. This was a lot more work than I expected. Pics of the mess to come soon.

·
Registered
2007 FXT Limited 5MT
2,815 Posts
Today I ordered the extension cable for the EGT, which will be in monday...Bad news is the FXT is in pieces...lots of them. No Steering wheel, no tmic...lots of parts everywhere. The reason to pull the steering wheel was to remove the oem boost gauge and steering column cover. This was a lot more work than I expected. Pics of the mess to come soon.
patiently awaiting pics :biggrin:

421 - 440 of 3202 Posts