Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Oh well have to install a manually operated blind for the rear plate as well now ;-)

Simon

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,544 Posts
Anything to make more money. Fe§kers!
What next...:shake:

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Average cams on every motorway......

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,544 Posts
The future of driving is over.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,562 Posts
Mike,

Do you want to know what these Scrotes are pl;anning over & above (if you'll pardon the pon)

I was coming back from Liverpool on friday, the M6 was, well Friday!

I came down the A41 on my way to Shrewsbury & I saw a Sign I did Not recognise.

"Police Aircraft, Traffice Enforecement Area"

really!??

I stopped for Petrol not far from the sign & asked what it was all about??

Apoparently, the Aircraft Drones they use in Afghanistan, PLOD is using to "Control" traffic!!

T*ats!

Where are the Cameras to "Control Drug Dealers??"

I have a paricular beef with this as, Close Younger Relatives of mine, are caught up in this Scum "part of Life."

Our Youth are being Sold down the River, even before you get to us Petrol Heads.

The sad thing is Clarkson WAS probably right, in his closing address on TG recently.

With this relentless war on speed cars such as this ( I think it was an A M) will be extiinct soon.

The really sad thing is " Call me Dave" is going to keep the screw turned on us Demon Motorists.

If I stood for Parliment on a, sensible stance ( Be kind to Foz Owners) could I count on Yer Vote???

Regards

Pissed Off MaC

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
to be honest though I'm not surprised. The locals have been jumping up and down over the speeding bikes and cars. The police have been jumping up and down because of the accidents. The local council are jumping up and down because its costing them a fortune to police and pick the bodies up of!

I came back down there yesterday and there where police parked up outside the pub and also about half way down.

The main thing though is the massive use of excessive speed and dangerous riding/driving. Today has been a prime example of this as all we here of some bikes as they pass by is that zoom noise of a bike on full chat doing well over twice the speed limit. It wont stop them though, they'll just move else where or ride with plates which cant be read!

·
JDM Foz [sold]
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mike,

Do you want to know what these Scrotes are pl;anning over & above (if you'll pardon the pon)

I was coming back from Liverpool on friday, the M6 was, well Friday!

I came down the A41 on my way to Shrewsbury & I saw a Sign I did Not recognise.

"Police Aircraft, Traffice Enforecement Area"

really!??

I stopped for Petrol not far from the sign & asked what it was all about??

Apoparently, the Aircraft Drones they use in Afghanistan, PLOD is using to "Control" traffic!!

T*ats!

Where are the Cameras to "Control Drug Dealers??"

I have a paricular beef with this as, Close Younger Relatives of mine, are caught up in this Scum "part of Life."

Our Youth are being Sold down the River, even before you get to us Petrol Heads.

The sad thing is Clarkson WAS probably right, in his closing address on TG recently.

With this relentless war on speed cars such as this ( I think it was an A M) will be extiinct soon.

The really sad thing is " Call me Dave" is going to keep the screw turned on us Demon Motorists.

If I stood for Parliment on a, sensible stance ( Be kind to Foz Owners) could I count on Yer Vote???

Regards

Pissed Off MaC
Alan, they've been using airborne methods for about 5 years now.

Mate I am torn, one one hand I like giving it some up the hill, but I never get giddy. The cat and fiddle is a dangerous road, its not just the road though its the other traffic and even what they leave on the road. The number of times i've slid on spilt diesel! :crazy:

I see on a daily basis on that road people taking massive risks and the number of bikers I see pushing it too far makes me whince as I know one day one will end up under my car. A fate one of my mates had a few years back and it wrote his car off and nearly killed the biker. (too much speed in the corner and he dropped the bike right in front of my mates car, the biker was on the wrong side of the road on a blind bend)

I am also sat a little on the "good" fence as I have to endure (I know I could move, but I dont want too) the speeding as they all go off to race the cat. Some of the speeds are way OTT! Police pulled someone on our road last summer doing 103mph in a 30!

All that will happen is the cameras will get vandalised, or bikers will ride with no plates or they'll race between the cameras and wait. Or they'll go somewhere else!

SO because of the actions of a few knobbers we all have to suffer!

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,562 Posts
Mike,

I hear you.

Same as Beer really, 5% or over tax em.

I suspect you like me are not A Hood wearing creature that frequents Street Corners & deal Drugs etc.

However, the Beer is going down to 5% or less, more Tax.

The Cat & Fiddle as you know is a magnet for IOM TT speedsters.

I remember your vidoe when you followed the Lotus, good stuff.

All I'm saying is, the sensible people, be it motors, beers or whatever, are being penal;ised for the miinority.

Cameras everywhere in the UK pi**es me off.

Coming back to the Drugs angle, As i said, I have Younger members of my Family that have "lost their way" on Drugs.

They are being openly sold the length & breadth of our Country,

No Cameras there then?

The Motorist/Tax Payer at SOME point, must surely say enough is enough.

Mr Average, in whatever AREA is getting a Raw Deal.

Regards

AM

·
JDM Foz [sold]
4,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Mike,

Coming back to the Drugs angle, As i said, I have Younger members of my Family that have "lost their way" on Drugs.

They are being openly sold the length & breadth of our Country,
Alan,

I see cameras as a police substitute, some might say they do a valuable job but I doubt the death toll will go down with these cameras on the road. If mr muppet on his Ichifanny 500 wants to race the cat then he'll meet his maker one day.

However, when was the last time you saw a copper on the beat? I have lived here in Macc for 11 years now and in that time I have NEVER seen a copper walking on the beat. And thats saying something as I walk about 5,000 miles a year, drive another 7,000 miles and frequent lots of offices in the town centre. :icon_mad:

The average policeman has no attachment to the area he polices any more, no relationships with the local people so how can they be in touch with who does what?

The way things are heading we will be the most watched country in the world with the worst crime rate in the world (as the images on the cameras are insufficient for evidence) and the politicians will tell us everything is okay.

I watch South West news occasionally, sky channel 987, and they where saying the SW police force has a short fall of some 11 million, so where are they cutting services? yes the bobbies!

Dont get me started on bureaucracy of the force, council, nhs, etc because as a member of the local business community I hear and see stuff that would make you wonder really! the government is up to. I know it makes me wonder!

If your family member is having drugs problems, sorry to hear that.

Me personally I really am thinking of fecking off elsewhere, thats one of the reasons I have changed my business over the past 12 months so its now saleable sould the need arise and I am not the business any more, just a part of it. If labour get back in again at the next election then this country is doomed, despite any gesticulations of the good they will do. However on the flip side, if one of the other parties gets in where still doomed as they'll be trying to bail us out of the mess where currently in.

Anyway enough drunken ranting. I'm off to bed!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts