1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2001 sf6 now w/choo choo 4EAT
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Get it. 2001 S Premium!*PICS!*

2001 S premium

A few goodies but nothing special yet. I have whiteline sways with poly bushings and steel endlinks, swift springs on kyb struts, sub-frame locking bolts installed, and some strut bars. Put in a K&N Filter and ran a 2.75 inch pipe from fender to stock airbox. For the exhaust I had a shop put on a magnaflow knock off muffler and remove the resonator behind the cat. I also put some lights in the grill, yellowed the fogs, and put on some RA mudflaps. It handles surprising well, but is N/A so not much power. If I ever hit the lotto I would love to do an STi swap.

-I edited out some old pics and posts that were outdated, so that explains the weirdness

I know my engine bay is horrid looking LOL the "sti" oil cap was free. I made the intake from a civic intake my brother had from his old car, and the knockoff strut bar isnt helping things!

Attachments

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,502 Posts
Great start on your Member Journal! :cool:

Looking forward to pictures after you get your 15 required post. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
1998 Forester S
78 Posts
can't wait to see it...

Everything sounds good, looking forward to pictures too. I'd be interested in that write up for removing the fender if you do it. I got a good dent that needs pushed out also. Welcome!

·
Administrator
39,502 Posts
*removed some *please dont laugh!* duct tape that was holding rear window seal in place. duct tape isn't my style so i glued it firmly in place.
Nothing wrong with duct tape... as long as it's just a temporary fix. :wink:

*took it by the glass shop to see about fixing 3 chips in the front window. my insurance agent tried to tell me that because the chips were not right in front of the driver seat, that it may not be covered....apparently i "don't look through that part of the windshield so its not a big deal" WOW i cant believe he tried to tell me that! it is getting fixe'd friday!
Yes, I've had this problem as well. I just tell the insurance agent the sun reflects off the crack & is blinding at times. The window gets repaired. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
DUDE! I can't wait to see how your rims came out. I am going to do the same thing next week but I am going to match the pewter trim on the C pillar.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the one drawback so far is that my painted rims collect/show dirt easily.
the side of my car is usually caked with mud though so im not stressing!

·
Registered
Forester X
288 Posts
I am loving that wheel paint. What kind of paint did you use? I am going for a little more pewter color... maybe that won't show dirt as bad??? Hopefully??? hahaha

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am loving that wheel paint. What kind of paint did you use? I am going for a little more pewter color... maybe that won't show dirt as bad??? Hopefully??? hahaha
sorry it took me so long to respond, it was semi-flat black. I cant remember the brand name and cant find the left-over can......it was high temp stuff though. I am really pleased with the results.

2 cans of primer and 2 cans of top-coat was enough to do all 5 rims, and side badges.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Forgot to post about my windshield replacement.
I had no idea my front windshield was heated. My new windshield has brown heating elements visible at the bottom of the windshield.....my old one didn't have this but was still heated (i had no idea LOL). Im loving the PGW glass, hopefully it will be more durable than the stock windshield.
It is amazing how clear it is.

·
Administrator
39,502 Posts
Looking good! :cool:

As to posting pictures. I'd recommend a picture hosting service. I used to the one here on the forum, but I soon found it can be used up... as in running out of allowed image storage. :frown: I now use Photobucket, which is a free hosting service. Once you get an account, you upload the pictures you want to link to. There are size options for the image uploads. I use medium (240x320) for the side by side pictures & 15" screen (800x600) for my large pictures. This is my preference, so pick what you like. I could go way larger, but I personally don't like having to scroll right/left to see the entire image. To link to your hosted (uploaded image), copy the "IMG code" & past that into your post. Very simple! It won't take you long to get the hang of it. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I just installed rear subframe locking bolts. The back end is much tighter around corners. For 30 dollars it is a great mod. However on the box it said that the bolts are for races only, and that extended use could eventually cause chassis damage.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Just installed my new Whiteline adjustable RSB
update- now have the endlinks also, best upgrade so far other than the swift springs.

·
Registered
2006 FXT 6MT
2,692 Posts
Oh okay haha, I seriously don't think I have EVER found another s premium in a 5mt...which I know will earn me numerous disproving posts, but still. I wouldn't mind starting over with another SF just like mine, but I just haven't found one :(

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Have not updated this in a while so here goes.
No real mods to speak of, but I did get some things done over the last month

-Auto trans fluid change

-Got Royal Purple in the front and rear diffs (omg the rear diff plug was a biotch)

-replaced my very rusty fuel filler hose and attached valve.

-new 215/60R/16 Hankook Optimo H727 tires. I have been running Hankooks for like 7 years now, IMO they are great tires

With all that out of the way I am looking to get back to some mods. I couldnt care less about ride comfort, so I am looking to drop my car on some stiff springs and do a full cat delete with a UEL header. My county does not do emissions testing so I can do whatever I want as far as exhaust goes.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
oil change and spark plug change last week.

Today I installed some 6 inch round halogen driving lights mounted in the grill.

I wanted to mount them behind the grill but there was not enough room. 1 hour of hacking at the grill with a dremel tool produced this. I give myself a B+.
Eventually I will do a full mesh grill but this works for now.

edit- I installed the switch in the panel of switches to the left of my steering wheel. There was one empty switch position, so i placed it there, it looks factory, very nice. Pic soon

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Installed Rally Armor basic universal mud flaps on the foz today.

Sourced 6 dollars in hardware, bent up a couple brackets for the rears, dremel tooled the fronts to fit, used the plastic I cut off the fronts to make nice washers.....overall the install was easy.
I heard so many conflicting stories about the basics, I decided to try them out, see if they make it through this winter without bending.

UPDATE- after a few thousand miles and lots of winter driving the RA Basics are holding up great, no bends.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts