Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, Dash is SCREAMING to go play tonight. There's a field across Kipling (4 lanes) from my house that the city is building into a park of some sort. Well, they finally got working on it, they have 2 huge earth movers over there tearing up the ground and making a hill. The ground is evidently very wet, as everything is just turning to MUD. The earth movers keep getting stuck!! Dash is parked in front of the garage just staring at the field begging to go play tonight...

Man, it's too bad I'm such a sissy and have such an innate fear of getting in trouble. That's a four lane road on one side, and houses on the other. Otherwise I'd be there after the sun goes down...

Attachments

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hehe.... Some stealth ninja work has located a more..... "legal" place to go play that's about 15min from the house. Hoping for some rain/snow, will be checking it out soon...

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
1,542 Posts
Don't strain your lady parts........ ;) I don't blame you. There is a massive work area about 5 miles from my house. I've been wanting to go Travis Pastrana on it but can't work up the cajones. Haha.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5X
28 Posts
I'm curious, what's actually illegal about it? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure if you got caught there would be no talking your way out some kind of trouble. Let's say that a new subdivision is being developed and they have made the dirt road that leads into it. As long as No Trespassing/Private Property Signs aren't posted, what law are you breaking by driving down the dirt road? Assuming you aren't breaking any traffic laws (reckless driving or speeding) what's wrong with a little exploring?

·
Registered
2015 Outback Limited
1,542 Posts
I'm curious, what's actually illegal about it? Don't get me wrong, I'm sure if you got caught there would be no talking your way out some kind of trouble. Let's say that a new subdivision is being developed and they have made the dirt road that leads into it. As long as No Trespassing/Private Property Signs aren't posted, what law are you breaking by driving down the dirt road? Assuming you aren't breaking any traffic laws (reckless driving or speeding) what's wrong with a little exploring?
I doubt he'd be just driving down a dirt road in that kind of mud. ;) Just because there isn't a sign doesn't mean that you can be there. It's better to be safe about it, even though it's a blast to go exploring like you said (which I've been known to do in the past haha).

Btw, I noticed you're a fellow Tennessean, woo hoo! Haha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts