Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
08 2.5x
457 Posts
The 500 is a cool little car. But Its the Alfas I really want to see. I'm dying to drive a 159 sportwagon or a Brera.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the Alfas too, if the Fiats bode well here in America I would have to believe Alfa would not be far behind.

·
Registered
08 2.5x
457 Posts
I have read several times the plan is for us to get both. But I have no idea when its going to happen.

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
486 Posts
I have read several times the plan is for us to get both. But I have no idea when its going to happen.
+1
The Fiats are supposed to be sold here later this year, but the Alfas I'm not sure about. I've driven the 500 at my previous job (yeah, I've quit, long story) where I was a test driver, and even in a base form it was a blast to drive. A bit underpowered (compared to say a Mini) but once at speed, it drove like it was on rails (no brakes required). I'd wait for the Abarth version (or import it). Also, the quality wasn't oh so great either. I'd get one and gut it out just to beat up on the weekends :biggrin:
Btw, they were test driving Alfas last year, before I worked there, so who knows how long will it take for those (if) to show up. They sure look pretty neat :cool:

·
Registered
08 2.5x
457 Posts
+1
The Fiats are supposed to be sold here later this year, but the Alfas I'm not sure about. I've driven the 500 at my previous job (yeah, I've quit, long story) where I was a test driver, and even in a base form it was a blast to drive. A bit underpowered (compared to say a Mini) but once at speed, it drove like it was on rails (no brakes required). I'd wait for the Abarth version (or import it). Also, the quality wasn't oh so great either. I'd get one and gut it out just to beat up on the weekends :biggrin:
Btw, they were test driving Alfas last year, before I worked there, so who knows how long will it take for those (if) to show up. They sure look pretty neat :cool:
Nice I keep hearing they are going to do cool things with Chrysler too. I can only hope. I hate Chrysler cars they suck. There is talk of a new Viper with a Ferrari motor in it.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
You don't want to own an Alfa. Think of a car that's tempermental like a Ferrari but its your daily driver. They spend a lot of time in the shop.

The 500 looks great, I think it will do really really well. Nice little car that looks nice, not boring like so many Echo's etc.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You don't want to own an Alfa. Think of a car that's tempermental like a Ferrari but its your daily driver. They spend a lot of time in the shop.

The 500 looks great, I think it will do really really well. Nice little car that looks nice, not boring like so many Echo's etc.
The echos, Yaris, and aveo are incredibly boring.

·
Registered
08 2.5x
457 Posts
Nothing wrong with a Ferrari (well, considering), it's the other part I'm not so sure about :N_poke: :icon_rolleyes:
When your talking about super cars the viper is like a war hammer. Its big heavy and does nothing well. Where a Ferrari is more like a sharp sword. Its more refined and pointed. My hope is that Fiat can put some Ferrari DNA in to the viper. If they don't use the motor at least make it handle like true super car.

·
Registered
2007 Outback 2.5i
486 Posts
My hope is that Fiat can put some Ferrari DNA in to the viper. If they don't use the motor at least make it handle like true super car.
A Ferrari motor in a Viper will still be a Viper, just better sounding :raspberry: I'm sorry, I'm just teasing you :N_poke: There's a guy autocrossing one (SRT?) at the RMSolo events here and while it's pretty, it doesn't strike me much. Sure, it's fast, but I can beat it around the courses in the '89 Civic that I co-drive with my buddy in the Street Touring class (which is basically stock). We always place higher than the Viper, and it's not stock either. Yeah, they don't handle very well :icon_rolleyes:

I'd like to own an Abarth 500 for the weekend fun :cool:

·
Registered
2002 SG XT Auto
3,490 Posts
The Fiat 500 is based on the Fiat Panda, and they do a 4wd version of that, so I think i'll wet myself if they bring out a 4wd 500.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Fiat 500 is based on the Fiat Panda, and they do a 4wd version of that, so I think i'll wet myself if they bring out a 4wd 500.
They should use Subaru's AWD system :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 96 Posts