Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

581 - 585 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
2014 2.0 XT Touring
162 Posts
uh... not to sound stupid - but what are the clamps for?
replacing the factory (extremely low quality) clamps on the turbo piping - @Danoz did a ton of research and came up with "the danoz fix" which helps all the leaky piping for the turbo

·
Registered
2014 2.5i Limited CVT
2,542 Posts
Ah... OK. Makes perfect sense... And I saw a post about the Danoz fix and diagrams... :)

·
Registered
2017 FXT
83 Posts
Completed this clamp swap on Saturday. My knuckles hate me. To access the BPV clamp, I removed the passenger side fan shroud (2 10xmm bolts on top + plastic electrical connection down low). This gave me a ton more room to access that clamp.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT
88 Posts
I still need to reset my ECU but so far so good with the Danoz clamp upgrade. Since about 10k miles (now have close to 35k on car), ive always noticed an intermittent stutter under the front end of the car especially when driving slowly up hills. It got really bad this last 500 mile round trip where at one point there was a stutter around 70mph which never happened before. I had been keeping track of my PSI the last few months and noticed my car rarely got to 9 PSI and the highest I had seen was maybe 10 PSI. During my last two 500 mile round trips to visit family, I had noticed a drop in my mpg. Previous trip a few months ago I had averaged around 22mpg. This last trip I averaged 17.4 mpg. I used to average closer to 24 or 25mpg before my lift and all terrain tires were added but 17.4?.

After installing the breeze clamps, I was easily able to get the PSI up to 13 without trying too hard but didnt push it further as there were quite a few cops on the road. Just wanna thank Danoz and this forum for the very helpful information. I had a love / hate relationship with this car but now I absolutely love it.

·
Registered
2017 XT Limited + Tech
354 Posts
Completed this clamp swap on Saturday. My knuckles hate me. To access the BPV clamp, I removed the passenger side fan shroud (2 10xmm bolts on top + plastic electrical connection down low). This gave me a ton more room to access that clamp.
Did you approach it from the top instead from under the car?

581 - 585 of 585 Posts