Discussion Starter #1
It's done!

Parts:

STI aluminum lateral links
COBB adjustable rear sway bar, with H/D adjustable mounts
KARTBOY XT rear drop links
MoBoost preloadable rear strut tower bar
WHITELINE H/D front endlinks

First impressions: This setup farkin rocks! It's not easy to tell when just driving around town but getting on and off the freeway, DAMN! Even at speed on the freeway. It used to be a bit floaty at speed, but now it's just planeted. There's no vibration, or noise, though the ride is a little more noticeable.
All-n-all I've got to say that this a a realy nice setup. Everything goes together well. All of the parts were easy to install and can be done with basic hand tools in an afternoon.

More pictures and follow-up testing experiences, to follow... ;)

·
I Heart Beer
2000 Forester L
714 Posts
very sick indeed, what's your next step. are you planning on upgrading the springs or struts

·
Mr. April 2008, Image Master
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MY00Forest said:
very sick indeed, what's your next step. are you planning on upgrading the springs or struts
It's already got JDM pink Forester springs on it. And I've been playing with the idea of new struts but I'm gonna save for a set of TEIN HGs... :twisted:

My future plans list kinda looks like:
Group N engine mounts
Tranny mount

Front adj swaybar

Trailing arms

aluminum ft control arms
ALK
STI lower arm brace
or CUSCO subframe (3 piece) subframe braces

Tein HGs

subframe lock it
rear deferential bushing kit

FT/RR lsd

Clutch
Fly wheel

Cams
Heads
Pistons

PP6

Then I'll think about an STI steering rack...

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
^^^^ Super nice!

<----- Super Jealous!

How is the COBB RSB setup with the stock FSB? I notice you got it set on medium. Inducing much oversteer? Can you do a brake test for me and see if the car is balance under sudden braking? Say from 50 MPH-ish? Why I ask about braking? I been communicating with Porter on sway bar setup and he advise me the car can be unbalanced during braking due to a much bigger RSB setup. I am curiuos of your review before I drop some $$$. I am still looking for a bigger front sway bar for us SG n/a foresters. The front COBB bar will not fit.

·
Registered
1998 Forester "S" lifted. Bog-o-matic
2,006 Posts
Actually, you are probably going to want to bump the steering rack up a few notches.

After the Coilovers,RSB, and ALK the car just seemed off.

Quicker rack evened things up nicely.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester XT
815 Posts
You take the sickest pictures. You somehow managed to make the inside of a wheel look frickin cool. :clap1:

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tre36 said:
^^^^ Super nice!

<----- Super Jealous!

How is the COBB RSB setup with the stock FSB? I notice you got it set on medium. Inducing much oversteer? Can you do a brake test for me and see if the car is balance under sudden braking? Say from 50 MPH-ish? Why I ask about braking? I been communicating with Porter on sway bar setup and he advise me the car can be unbalanced during braking due to a much bigger RSB setup. I am curiuos of your review before I drop some $$$. I am still looking for a bigger front sway bar for us SG n/a foresters. The front COBB bar will not fit.
I did a few hard brakings to make sure everything was tight. I didn't notice anything unusual but I'll spend some time on the hill and find out for sure. As far as the front bar I want one. Just something a bit bigger like a 22mm. To keep the body roll down. As far as the rear I'm still playing with it. If I put it on the "big" setting I think it'll be a bit to tail happy, and unbalanced. In the midle it feels good so far but more runs will tell for sure.

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hondaslayer said:
Actually, you are probably going to want to bump the steering rack up a few notches.

After the Coilovers,RSB, and ALK the car just seemed off.

Quicker rack evened things up nicely.
I need to go drive an STI and compare. I keep hearing people say that it makes a big difference, but I'm not sure it'll mesh well with my driving style..? But those mods are a way off. I need a job before sinking any more money into my hot-rod... :sad:

SkiPhast, :biggrin:

·
I Heart Beer
2000 Forester L
714 Posts
what heavy duty rsb mounts are those, didn't see them on cobb's website and they don't look like the whitelines

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MY00Forest said:
what heavy duty rsb mounts are those, didn't see them on cobb's website and they don't look like the whitelines
They are the cobb H/D mounts. They are perfect for those people out there always changing their set ups. Or if you like to raise and lower your ride alot. Not to mention they are unbreakable, and totally farkin beautiful!!!

Here's the link to 'em: http://cobbtuning.com/wrx/suspension-i.html#swaybar

·
I Heart Beer
2000 Forester L
714 Posts
those things look freaking awesome and i bet they perform like a champ

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MY00Forest said:
those things look freaking awesome and i bet they perform like a champ
I'll let you know... :devilgrin

·
I Heart Beer
2000 Forester L
714 Posts
The Wraith said:
I'll let you know... :devilgrin
haha, are they hard to set up or is it pretty self explanitory

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They are real easy to set up. Puting them on on the other had was a bit of a pain. That darn charcoal box is a bugger. Otherwise you just bolt the base on, line up the holes on the mounting plate, tighten the four blots around the perimeter and yer done!

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
pieboy said:
where did you get the kartboy end links from...? the kartboy site, or elsewhere...?
From Kartboy. They showed up within like 48hours of my order...!

Thanks, Tom!

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
Very nice! I take it the job didn't take but a couple of hours, and the rest of the day driving around with a huge smile on your face.

·
2005 X
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SKSTI said:
Very nice! I take it the job didn't take but a couple of hours, and the rest of the day driving around with a huge smile on your face.
Yes and no. The install went real quick. The driving thing though, that will be tomorrow. I get to run over the hill to Pacific Beach for an interview... :drive:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts