Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2018 forester manual
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
short backstory .
bought a 2018 forester last Aug and was really happy with the car , being my first new car purchase it took alot for me to get to the point of being ok with a big loan and years of payment . Took a lot of fun trips in it.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Snow Winter

Disappointment set in fairly quick , transmission rattle in 4th and occasional grinding going into 3rd , inconsistant throttle input and extreme lack of power from time to time . After months of getting the runaround from Subaru of America I decided just to trade it in loose a small amount of money and get out of the deal altogether.

So that's where this little white bugger comes in . Gresham subaru went above and beyond to make the trade in easier to live with giving me a great trade in amount and a good price on the 03. 125k miles single owner , well maintained 5 speed .
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Attachments

· Registered
2018 forester manual
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So the good part of the trade in is I kept my wheels and tires. Black rhino boxer wheels and Cooper at3 4s in 235/75r15. now everywhere ive read said i will need a bottom strut lift and probably 4" of total lift to get them to fit. Well after a little massaging .... ok a lot of massaging of the inner fender and pinch weld , a little plastic trimming and remolding they seem to fit . They clear the strut with room to spare , still have a bit more massaging to do and it will need a lift b4 i venture offroad but so far it only has minor rubbing in a few spots . Best thing about the tire and wheel combo is it weighs 45 lbs so even being quite a larger tire there still 2 lb lighter than the stock steel wheel setup. Car feels much more relaxed at freeway speeds now.

Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle Automotive window part

Automotive tire Vehicle Car Tire Bumper

· Registered
2018 forester manual
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
About the only thing I miss of the 2018 is the clutch was a lot easier to push in I may just need new slave and master cylinders but I'll deal with that some other day. Oh and the other upgrade was the $18,000 a debt I got rid of .

· Registered
2018 forester manual
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
took the subie out for a mother's day drive finding some amazing views, some delicious wines followed by some more views and finishing up with some pizza
Vehicle Car Sport utility vehicle Tire Rim

Natural landscape Nature Sky Glass Landscape

Vehicle Car Automotive tire Sport utility vehicle Bumper

balsam fir Mountainous landforms Wilderness Mountain Nature

Dish Food Cuisine Ingredient Brunch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts