Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,683 Posts
Oh dear. Have you not noticed that they're recalling millions of cars because the accelerator pedal sticks? :icon_eek:
Oh that lol, yeah, my mum has a Toyota Matrix. I called her up and she said that it has been sticky on her gas pedal! She seemed to not take it seriously when I told her it shouldn't wait until her oil change...silly mum.

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,389 Posts
I say big up to Toyota, at least they have had the balls to come out and tell people that there is a fault and then get them fixed for their customers.

How many other brands out there have either refused to say there is a fault or repeatedly stuck their heads in the sand when a model has a serious fault. Renault Clio springs to mind or how about BMW alloy wheels or Mercedes A-class steering racks!?

·
Registered
2006 2.0 XE Manual N/A
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I say big up to Toyota, at least they have had the balls to come out and tell people that there is a fault and then get them fixed for their customers.

How many other brands out there have either refused to say there is a fault or repeatedly stuck their heads in the sand when a model has a serious fault. Renault Clio springs to mind or how about BMW alloy wheels or Mercedes A-class steering racks!?
Mercedes got it right when the A class failed the elk test. They withdrew the car, redesigned it and restored their reputation.

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
132 Posts
I'm lost. It must be because I'm a silly American...lol.
I'm glad somebody on this side of the pond had the guts to ask....I was thinking the same thing but was too sheepish to ask.

Ah...Ha Ha, to you. :biggrin:

You know, Toyota could have let it run its course like the Ford/Firestone fiasco.

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,389 Posts
Mercedes got it right when the A class failed the elk test. They withdrew the car, redesigned it and restored their reputation.
That they did and look what happened to the price, but there is a flaw with the right hand drive model steering rack. They wear at the joints prematurely which causes them to become loose, clunk and if left cause it to fail. I know people who have had three on cars with less than 50K on them. Ours was on its way out before we got rid of it, 23K at 5 years old. Loads of people have complained, even a petition. MB have done nowt.

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,670 Posts
I am really worried about what the government going to do after all this mess. We got TPMS because of Ford Firestone Fiasco. If they applied all the brake override then good bye left foot braking. Even worse on automatic car. We would not even be able to do drag launch with automatic anymore.

·
Registered
2014 CVT
826 Posts
what has happened is they have been very public with it all, most car companys just fix it and sweep it under the rug..........its just that toyota is going to a really really big rug, and who really needs to left foot brake a toyota.........:chair:

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT manual
1,503 Posts
We Subaru lovers are hardly in a position to mock..... Look at the debarcle of the turbo engine bearings that has still not been properly resolved.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,458 Posts
Don't know much about the fuel leak issue, but when bearings go out in an engine, you generally don't DIE. Everybody here seems to be giving Toyota props, but they've known about this problem for many years now. They are only doing something now because the NHTSA is forcing them to. A man almost went to jail in 05 for vehicular manslaughter because Toyota snet an "expert" that said it was impossible that the gas pedal hung up. I've owned several Toyotas, and will never again. Recalls and errors in design will happen, but when people die because of it, you need to act way faster than they have. This problem has existed for years.

·
Registered
2010 Forester X Premium
942 Posts
Toyota did what they should, recall the cars. I have a lot of respect for toyota, and this would not bug me from buying a car from toyota. But than I hate toyotas car ;) and would rather drive honda ;) but I do respect the company, I think they belong in the #1 car manuf. spot.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,683 Posts
Toyota did what they should, recall the cars. I have a lot of respect for toyota, and this would not bug me from buying a car from toyota. But than I hate toyotas car ;) and would rather drive honda ;) but I do respect the company, I think they belong in the #1 car manuf. spot.
+1, kudos to them for actually doing something about it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts