Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 532 Posts

·
Registered
1999 Forester 5mt
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I figure it's time to start a member journal!

I bought the foz february 24th 2013, which was quite serendipitous, my old civic was having many issues. I found the beloved foz on craigslist, while visiting my brother in Boise, listed for $4500, cash only. I texted the guy, who is also a college student, we met up an hour later, and took it for a test drive, I loved it. It had a few dings, a few very minor issues, but a very thorough maintenance record dating back ten years! I ended up paying $4000 for it, with 179350 on the ODO. :icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin: Quite a steal, I must say! :woohoo:

Here she is a week after I brought her home.

And here she is now!

Now, after a few months reading on this here community, I decided to start modding a bit, wallet skinny as it is!

Current Mods:

Exterior/appearance
AutoZone Mudflaps
Rola Roof Basket
Thule Ski Rack (free from a friend!! :icon_cool:)
Window Tint 35% all around.
Hella 500ff behind the grille
Custom road sign skid plate :rock:
Rattle canned the 16in rims black, left the center caps silver for accent!
Bug Deflector delete
Mesh grille
OEM brush guard Delete

Suspension/Handling
20mm (wrx?) sway bar
Kartboy Short throw shifter
Front and rear Poly shifter bushings
Paranoid Fabrications 1 inch HDPE strut spacers
New KYB GR2 struts

Interior Mods
Fixed seat heaters :rock:
USB charging ports 2 total, for back seats.
Redline Goods shift boot, ebrake boot.
2010 WRX shift Knob
Boss Audio underseat 8" subwoofer.
Rockford Fosgate front speakers.
Replaced broken cup holder (first fixed it with baling wire :icon_biggrin: )
Replaced broken center vent.
Husky liner custom floor mats, the good tub design driver and passenger.
Fixed overhead clock with soldering iron! (Usually used to put together guitars!)
Interior led swap (Dome & map via superbrightleds.com, trunk stage three via diode dynamics)

Future Mods
2003 or newer struts
Ironman Lift springs
Plastidip (whole car?)
Light bar custom fab

My old car..
I beat the snot out of this old civic.... 300000 miles on the original clutch, first car, but I beat it up! Got it for $400 Sold it for $1200 :icon_biggrin:

·
Registered
1999 Forester 5mt
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
First Mud :icon_biggrin:

Hella bright lights
100w bulb replacement

Trail exploration!

Shifter boot, shifter knob, ebrake boot

Old cup holder fix :icon_biggrin: I'm a bit *******!

Custom skid plate!

Painted Wheels..

G

·
Awesome skid plate!

Foresters must be crazy valuable in Oregon. $4000 for a 10+ year old car with 180K on it is considered a steal? :huh:

·
Registered
2002 WRX Sedan 5MT
592 Posts
If you ever find another one of them laying around, Hah! Lemme know!

Anyhow, subscribed to your Build, And FYI, I can find you a cupholder ;)

·
Registered
1999 Forester 5mt
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got my sign from the county road department, just walked in and asked if they had any retired signs they wanted to be rid of, and voila one appeared for me!

I recently got a cup holder from another member here, thanks for the offer! If I find anything I need, I may hit you up.. They junk yards around here don't stock much in the way of subaru....

Also, thanks for the sub!

·
Registered
2002 WRX Sedan 5MT
592 Posts
Yeah man, The yards here have four fozzies of our generation :)

·
Registered
1999 Forester 5mt
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
New as in brand new? Or new as in taken off from your rigs? I was thinkin I should upgrade to 2003 or newer so I can run bigger diameter tires without rubbing issues, but if I end up needing struts, I will definitely hit you guys up!!

·
Registered
2002 WRX Sedan 5MT
592 Posts
Yeah man, If you want to go big and tall, Check out getting some FXT struts off an SG. Those will lift and stiffen you up right quick. However, If you want to replace your stock goodies, I've got a full set of KYB takeoffs that have 20K miles on them. Stock springs and tophats. the goodies. :)

·
Registered
2002 WRX Sedan 5MT
592 Posts
To be honest, I havent thought about it! It's usually about $80 for a new strut. toss on like. 40 Bucks for the tophats and springs...

We could talk about doing like, 300+ Shipping? Something around there?

·
Registered
1999 Forester 5mt
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmmmmm, I'll definitely keep that in mind. At the moment I have not the budget to replace my suspension.

We wouldn't need to ship either, I have a lady friend that goes to UofO and a couple guy friends at OSU, that I visit every so often. So we could just do a meet! Maybe do a photo op too! Hah

·
Registered
2002 WRX Sedan 5MT
592 Posts
Let me know when you come to town, We could even schedule a Forumwide meet. Get 5+ people to show up.

·
Registered
1999 Forester 5mt
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Will do! Though my foz has a few more dings dents and scuffs than yours, it'd still be fun!

I've gotta find some time for a mod or three! Parts are here, just gotta get em done!

·
Registered
2002 WRX Sedan 5MT
592 Posts
You take your forester off road, if it didn't have dings, you wouldn't be doing it right;) I have plenty on my bumpers and **** from taking it through underbrush, so don't sweat it!

·
Registered
1999 Forester 5mt
605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
True... and my dog is a bit dumb, he ran right into the side of my rig, as I was going up the driveway and he was racing me. Left a dent, he is totally fine, but it was kinda funny!

1 - 20 of 532 Posts